Saturday, July 16, 2011

Better Eating


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Well, I cheated .... I admit it.  I was so tired last night that I didn't try to put Grace down.  I just leaned back and went to sleep holding her.  :-P  She woke up at 3:45am hungry.  Daddy changed her diaper and then I nursed her.  

When we woke up a second time, I brought her downstairs and she helped me prepare the crock pot before the boys woke up.  We were making a three cheese chicken with noodle recipe.  I had to prepare the pasta and cut up the veggies before putting them in the crock pot.

Daddy tried to mow the lawn this morning and hit a rock.  :-(  The mower got bent up and daddy had to bang it with a hammer.  It didn't start back up so he came back inside.  Daddy's not having good mornings recently .... remember his car didn't start yesterday!

So, once we had showers, we piled in the car and went to the fair grounds for the Kids Exchange.  Joshua and I went back in January.  They have one about every 6 months or so.  It's one of the biggest consignment sales of children things in the area.  That's where I got Grace's swing from.  :-)  I got a backpack diaper bag and Grace got a cup for when she's older.  It matches one that Joshua has.  


The sale started yesterday, so a lot of things were picked over.  It was still crowded though.  We didn't stay long.  Maybe I'll stay longer at the next one to get clothes for you all.  Right now, you two have clothes from family and friends.  Remember how we swapped out some of Joshua's clothes for girl clothes for Grace?  I still need to go through Joshua's dresser and upstate his clothes.


We ate lunch out at Q Shack BBQ.  Joshua's been there before.  He surprised us all with his eating too!  He ate some mac and cheese, sweet potato fries, and hush puppies!  Woo hoo!  I nursed Grace while we ate.

We bought a new battery for daddy's car afterward.  Daddy replaced it and the car started again!  Yippie!  The lawn mower worked when we got home and daddy got to mow.  I stayed in with you two and swept the kitchen and vacuumed the living room.  Afterward, I organized the new diaper bag and daddy gathered things together for our loan officer.  We're going to refinance our house to lock into a historical low interest rate of 4.5%.  I wonder what the housing market will look  like by the time you all read this? 

Grace had some cute real giggles this afternoon!  I got a video of it.  Joshua hit her a few times, but she kept on giggling!

We had our crock pot meal for dinner.  Joshua ate some chicken, pasta, and corn!  I was so impressed!  I said to daddy, "A crock pot success" and we gave each other a 'high five.'  Joshua then started clapping and I started clapping!  Then, he gave daddy a 'high five'!  It was so cute!  I'm so happy you had a good eating day today!  :-)

After dinner, it was still pretty early, so we walked up to the park.  We stayed out for about 40 minutes.  Joshua walked up the stairs at the park by himself without holding on to anyone and without crawling!  He was such a big boy!  He also went through the play ground tunnel following daddy!  He went down the slide and played on a swing.  I held Grace in my lap and we played on a swing.  She eventually fell asleep.  There's a sandbox at the play ground and Joshua had fun in there too.  Once we got home, Joshua and Grace both had baths.  :-)

Tomorrow is the World Cup championship!  Grandpa Jim, Gigi, and Uncle James are coming over to watch!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment