Monday, July 18, 2011

Not Nice



Dearest Blessings~

We were up early this morning.  I changed and nursed Grace at 2am.  She fell asleep at 9:30pm in the bassinet last night though!  Good job little lady!  I held you once you fell asleep after the 2am feeding since I was so tired.  Then, you woke up hungry at 6am.  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you.

Once everyone was up and ready for the day, I loaded you all up and we saw my work people this morning.  I had to get a second round of TB testing since mine expired while I was on maternity leave.  Everyone wanted to hold you two!  We stayed for a little bit and then headed back home.  We rested and played for a while before we had to head back out for Joshua's therapy appointment.

We saw a 4 year old walking out of therapy as we were going in.  He looked like he was closer to 3 years old.  His dad said he was three months early!  You two boys smiled at each other!  What a blessing you all are!

Joshua had his speech therapy appointment with Kim today.  I rescheduled it for today since we'll be at the Special Infant Care Clinic (SICC) tomorrow morning.  The neonatologists want to see Joshua at his correct year and a half age.  I brought in mashed sweet potatoes, which I made yesterday, and he ate a good amount.  Kim is off next week, but when she returns she's going to evaluate your speech more.

When we got home, everyone needed a diaper change and outfit change (everyone was hot from the car). At this point in the day you two had been loaded and unloaded from the car twice, and we still had one more place to go later this afternoon.  :-P

We went upstairs and Grace did some tummy time.  I put a toy out for her to play with .... it spins the alphabet song.  Joshua came by to play with it too.  It was really cute to see you two both spinning the toy.  But, after a while, Joshua picked up the toy (which is larger and heavy) and threw it right at Grace's head before I could block it.  I was so mad and Grace started to scream so loudly!  I immediately popped Joshua on the bottom several times and held Grace to calm her.  I told Joshua that what he did was not nice and then he started to cry and wanted to be held.  I held you two for a little bit until everyone was calm.  Joshua then went about playing and I nursed Grace.  :-)

We headed over to Gigi's after in the afternoon.  Since Joshua's appointment is at 8am tomorrow morning at the hospital, we're going to spend the night at Gigi's house which is right around the corner.  Gigi is taking tomorrow off and will watch Grace while I'm at the hospital with Joshua.

Joshua, you finished your cereal from this morning and ate a little bit more than one entire hotdog for dinner!!  Wow!  I was so impressed!  You didn't eat any sweet potato though, but you had some earlier with Kim.

We had a Gigi concert this evening.  Did I ever tell you all that Gigi is one of the most naturally talented musicians you'll ever meet?  Well, she played some songs on the keyboard for us this evening.  It was fun!  :-)




We watched some of the movie 'A Bugs Life' this evening before bed.  We didn't finish so that we could get you two ready for bed time.  Everyone was sleeping a little after 10pm.  We missed daddy .... we left some notes for him at the house before we left though.  We'll see him tomorrow after work.

Tomorrow's a big day with Joshua's developmental screening!  I know he'll do well!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment