Sunday, July 10, 2011

Held You All Night


Dearest Blessings~

Hummm .... someone took a fussy pill before going to bed last night.  Grace, you would not sleep in your bassinet.  I nursed you, you fell asleep, I put you down, and you would wake up crying .... over and over again.  Finally, at 11pm, I was so exhausted that I continued to hold you once you fell asleep and leaned back in the bed with you on my chest.  I woke up at 1:23am and placed you in the bassinet.  The stupid cat woke me at 2am.  Then, I changed your diaper and was back to nursing you at 2:40am.  I was so tired and exhausted at this point.  I leaned back in the bed to sleep again after 3am.  I continued to hold you on my chest because I didn't want you to wake back up.  I ended up putting you back in the bassinet at 5am and you immediately started to scream.  Daddy changed your diaper and I was back to nursing you.  You fell asleep again and I held you until 8am. 

I held you in order to get some 'sleep' the entire time from 11pm last night to 8am this morning, except between 1:23am and 2:40am.  I was sore all day since I pretty much 'rested' with 15 pounds on my chest for hours.  :-P

Once everyone was awake, I did a quick pump and then you two had baths.  I gave Grace a bath first and then daddy gave Joshua a bath.  As daddy was getting the water ready for Joshua, he ran out into the hallway, all naked, and then peed on the floor!  I was nursing Grace and started to laugh.  Ha!  :-P

We got to see Gigi, Uncle James, and Grandpa Jim for our birthday lunch for Gigi.  We made breakfast foods for everyone.  We had sausage, pancakes, pumpkin bread, and hash brown with veggies casserole.  Everything was so good!  I ate too much!  Gigi ended up giving Grace a bottle and then she rocked Joshua to sleep downstairs.  While he slept, I trimmed his nails and I cut his hair!  I mainly just wanted to get the hair out of his eyes.  :-P  

Grace, you rolled for everyone to see.  Also, you're beginning to 'scoot' on your belly.  Grandpa Jim put you down for tummy time and you scooted, slowly but surely, across the blanket.  ;-)

Joshua, your nap was pretty late in the day.  You slept from 3pm to 5pm.  I ended up nursing Grace during that time and she fell asleep before 4pm.  I leaned back and got to rest for an hour before Joshua woke up.  While we were all sleeping and resting, Mimi and (Great) Aunt Allyson came over to see you all.  They didn't stay long though since you all were sleeping and they didn't want to wake you two.

Joshua, you ate a great dinner!  You had 2.5 tablespoons of oatmeal with applesauce and whole milk mixed into it.  Then, you had a few more bites of applesauce on the side and some gold fish.  Yippie!

Once everyone ate, we walked around outside for a little bit to stretch our legs.  It was hot out so we didn't stay out there long.  It's going to get even hotter this week and may reach 100 by tuesday.  :-P

This evening we watched the World Cup USA vs Brazil game.  Earlier, we saw Sweden vs Australia (this is when we started to fall asleep though so daddy watched it).  Sweden won.  The USA game was exciting!  It went into over time and then penalty kicks!  The referee was pretty terrible, but USA managed to pull out a win, despite playing with only 10 players for half the game!  So, the four remaining teams are USA, France, Sweden, and Japan.  We play France on wednesday.  Daddy and I will be at work, so we'll record it so we can watch it that evening.  :-)

Grace, I hope you sleep better this evening.  We all can use the rest!  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment