Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bowling


Dearest Angels~

Whew .... we were up early this morning!  Grace, you woke us at 2:20am noodling around in your bassinet.  Daddy changed you and I nursed you.  

Once everyone was up for the day, we made a trip to Target for some groceries.  Grace, you fell asleep as I walked around with you in the carrier.  Joshua, you ate two chocolate chip cookies that they had out at the bakery!  You took them down fast too!  Perhaps we need to bake some cookies for you!

It was super hot today.  It reached at least 101 degrees this afternoon .... it could have been more.  I'm sure with the heat index it was well over that.  :-P

We headed over to see my coworkers at the bowling alley by 12:30pm.  They had pizza out for lunch and reserved lots of lanes for us.  People from all the medical sites were there, not just dental.  Of course, everyone wanted to hold you two!  You all are always the stars.  ;-)  We had a lane to ourselves, so we added you two to the list of players.  Daddy bowled for Joshua and I bowled for Grace.  Joshua, you got a strike (with daddy's help of course!).  Grace, I'm sorry to say I wasn't much help to you.  I'm not a great bowler.  You and I got several gutter balls, but we at least hit some pins in every frame!  :-P  We ended up leaving after about an hour when you two got fussy.  We declared daddy the winner even though we didn't get to finish our game.  :-)

Once we got home, we prepared the crock pot for some cheesy potatoes with veggies!  Yummy!  Then, we played upstairs for a little bit in the play room.  It got hot, so we quickly came back downstairs.

We ended up organizing some things while downstairs.  Joshua played and Grace did some tummy time and rolled for us.  

Joshua, you were very frustrating with your eating today (besides the two cookies).  And, you threw another toy in the litter box this afternoon.  Of course the cat wasn't much better .... he pooped in the study again.  I swear if things don't change we might need to move the cat to a different home.  I don't want you all growing up in a house with cat poop everywhere and toys constantly in the litter box. 

Daddy helped me organize somethings that we aren't using around the house.  I took some pictures and put them online to see if we could sell them.  We also started another 'Good Will' pile.  We found two teapots to sell and my old Olympus camera that I haven't used in a while.  We'll see if we get any nibbles online.  It would be great if we could make some extra money to put into savings.  :-)
 
We all relaxed upstairs after dinner though it was still warm.  Joshua ended up playing with no shirt on since it was cooler that way!  Plus, he spilled some water on himself and his shirt got all wet anyway.  :-P



Tomorrow's sunday.  It's suppose to be hot again, but I'm sure we'll find a way to have fun together as a family!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment