Monday, July 25, 2011

No A/C


Dearest Gifts~

So, last night I put Grace down in her bassinet after 10pm.  I changed her and was nursing her by 12:45am this morning.  :-P  You were up again, little lady, by 4:30am.  Daddy changed you so I could nurse you, but you kept waking up when I would put you down.  It was hard for me to stay awake when feeding you.

Once people were up for the day you all helped me prepare the crock pot for dinner.  We made a chicken and rice soup.  I also got a pump in for Grace's milk supply for wednesday and thursday.  We were all back upstairs with teeth brushed and playing before 9am.  :-)

We worked on the back bedroom this morning.  I swept the floor and vacuumed the rug.  Then, I dusted the fan and put in on a higher setting.  This bedroom had Joshua's toddler bed in it earlier, but since we moved it into our bedroom I was trying to make this room a smaller playroom since the bonus room gets so hot during the day.

Oh, Joshua, you bumped your head on the couch upstairs this morning.  :-P  You cried and I ended up rocking you.  You had a little bump on your forehead. 

It ended up reaching 82 degrees upstairs before 11am.  It was 92 degrees outside.  So, I moved everyone downstairs for the day.  We took apart the living room to make it a playroom as well.  ;-)  I vacuumed all around (even the fireplace), organized some things, moved one of the loveseats to the dining room to make room for some toys and Grace's swing (which I moved from upstairs), brought down extra diapers and wipes for you two, and put some folk CD's on as we were working.  :-)  I was tired once we were done.  ;-)

Joshua, you almost ate an entire container of apple sauce for me during your mid morning snack!  Woo hoo! 

Daddy called the vet and the cat has an appointment for tomorrow evening.  We're going to see what can be done to alleviate this litter box issue.  The cat is still pooping in the study and I still see Joshua, every now and then, run over to the box to throw a toy in there.  :-P

When Joshua went down for his nap, I checked on the crock pot and brought some instruments downstairs.  It was registering 87 degrees up there!  Then I did a second pump and nursed Grace.  I didn't want some of the acoustic instruments to get damaged.  I also brought some electronics downstairs.  I guess our air conditioning is officially not working.  Great timing!  :-P

We had some thunder this afternoon, but it didn't rain until 5:45pm.  I spoke to Gigi briefly during that time.  She was going to a memorial service for a friend who passed away over the weekend.  She was the drama teacher at the elementary school I use to go to and where Gigi taught music.  So sad.  :-(

Joshua and I went through his little prayer book today.  We went through all the pages and he correctly identified at least one thing on each picture page!  You're such a smart guy!  I'm so proud of you!

It was 90 degrees upstairs when daddy got home.  We ended up setting up the living room for us all to sleep there.  We took the mattress out of the loveseat and put it on the floor for daddy and Joshua.  I slept on the loveseat with Grace near me in a little bassinet.  Daddy will call the air conditioning place tomorrow.  I hope we can get on their schedule soon.  I'm sure they're busy this time of year.  :-P  We brought more things downstairs that we didn't want in that heat.  There was no point in taking a shower since we start to sweat just walking up the stairs into that heat.  :-P  Ugh! 

We'll see what's it's like tomorrow.  I'm glad Joshua has an occupational therapy appointment tomorrow morning because I was getting 'stir crazy' just staying in the living room and kitchen all day! 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment