Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yard Work


Dearest Precious Gifts~

Well, Grace slept in more than I had anticipated.  If I had known she was going to sleep until 5am I would have encouraged her to eat a little more before bedtime.  When she woke up hungry, I was in pain from not nursing for so long!  After you ate, I pumped out an additional 2 ozs of mommy milk and then went back to bed!  :-P

By 8am, Grace was awake again and eating.  Then, we went downstairs and daddy gave Joshua some breakfast.  After breakfast, we did chores around the house.

Daddy did some yard trimming in the front of the house.  He did a lot around the porch and the bushes are looking nice.  The three of us stayed inside and we played upstairs.  I finished doing some vacuuming and then I did a therapy session with Joshua.  You did 'ok' .... there were about half positive and half negative responses.  Then, you took a boost.  We went back upstairs since Grace was waking up from a nap then.  I did a second pump and had enough for one bottle for wednesday.  :-) 

Once Grace got hungry, I nursed her and we all had lunch.  Daddy made a pizza, but surprisingly Joshua didn't want much (we've had success with pizza in the past).  He ate some crackers though.  Oh, but he did start to drink water from a hard top sippy cup!  This was the first time that he really took some sips from a sippy cup that didn't have the softer silicone tops!  Good job little man!

Afterward, we all went outside and did some yard work on the back of the house.  Grace sat in her papasan chair on the deck.  Daddy cut some weeds and bushes back.  I did some racking.  Joshua, you wanted around with some toys and helped.  ;-)  I found a little baby turtle in our backyard! 

I was quite hot out, so Joshua's face got red while out there.  We all went in and daddy gave Joshua a bath as I wiped Grace and changed her outfit.  Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James were all coming in as you all were getting new outfits.  Daddy then took a shower as I got a bottle together for Grace.  I used the milk that I pumped earlier and Gigi gave Grace a bottle (4.5 ozs .... wow!) so I could then rinse off (we might have to thaw milk for wednesday now).  I pumped after my shower .... third time pumping today .... wow, little lady!  I'm pumping around the clock to build up some milk for you for when I'm gone!

We got to visit for a while.  Gigi rocked Joshua and he took a two hour nap.  Gigi and I sat with him downstairs as everyone else went upstairs to watch some television.  Grace, you were awake off and on with the boys. 

As we were visiting, I made some 'pizza soup' in the crock pot for dinner.  Joshua, you ate a lot for us for dinner!  Woo hoo!  I'm praying your prevacid medication is working as well.

This evening we relaxed in the play room and watched 'The Sting' on television.  Joshua, you wondered all around the room playing and Grace took a tiny nap in her swing. 

Tomorrow is Memorial Day so daddy has off!  Yippie!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment