Thursday, May 12, 2011

Dinner Out


Dearest Precious Gifts~

Today was cloudy, but that didn't stop Joshua and I from heading to the park and letting Grace and Penny bond together over a bottle of mommy milk.  ;-)  

Grace, I still hate leaving you .... but at least it's just an hour at a time.  Once I head back to work, I'm going to miss you two terribly!  I always hated leaving Joshua, and now there's two of you I have to be apart from.  At least it's only two days a week. 

The park was surprisingly crowded today.  I thought no one would be there since it was cloudy and breezy, but I think there were a few play dates going on.  Unfortunately, there were kids in our swings when we got there.  There are only two baby swings, and two moms were using them with their children.  Plus, both of those moms had a double stroller!  Yikes!  So, I took Joshua over to the grass area and we kicked the soccer ball around.  He got bored after awhile, so we walked over to the little slide and I held him while he slid down a few times.  We walked around the other playground equipment and saw the other children.  As we were walking, it started to sprinkle.  I walked Joshua back to the stroller and we headed out of the park.  As we walked, the rain let up a little, so I just kept walking around the neighborhood.  I'm guessing we walked about a mile, which was good for me since I'm way out of shape these days!  My only exercise is chasing you all around the house and going up and down the stairs all day!  ;-)

Grace, you did better with Penny again today.  You took about 3 ounces again.  Penny likes the bent, or crooked, playtex bottle that Gigi found.  Since she and Gigi are successful at giving you a bottle with it, daddy and I will probably pick up a few more this weekend.  Penny made the hole a little bigger in the nipple, so that might have helped as well.  After Penny left, Grace, you woke up hungry so I just nursed you.

Penny is having a yard sale this weekend, so she took our 'dining room' table to use .... it's just a folding table and we weren't using it so we didn't mind.  Actually, I was able to clean out that dining room more with it out!  I tried to de-clutter that room some.  Penny also took one of our extra televisions to sell.  We have two televisions from the townhouse that have been sitting in our house since we moved.  Daddy and I agreed not to put televisions all around the house .... the only one we use is in the playroom.  And, we watch it together as a family.  So, we didn't need the extra ones.  We left the second extra television upstairs because it was too heavy for Penny and I to lift.  We'll find someone to give it to at some point.

However, Penny picked up that downstairs television by herself! I told her to wait so I would help (I was holding Grace at the time), but she just grabbed it! Super Nannie!  I told her that whatever she gets for it at the yard sale to give to her son Richard.  He's expecting his first child in the fall and they're saving up for a car since they only have a truck with no backseat.  :-P Also, I gave Penny that extra toy that Joshua had for Richard's child.  Joshua had a duplicate toy from the holidays, so I'm glad it's going to good use!  Plus, it helped to clear out the out.  Yippie for less clutter!  ;-)

I ended up waking up people from naps this afternoon to go for a little trip.  Since daddy had a board meeting this evening, we all headed over to Gigi's for dinner.  Grandpa Jim got Joshua some chicken nuggets and he ate a few pieces.  He also had a better lunch for me .... he ate a bowl of cereal.  Joshua had fun playing with Uncle James and Gigi was successful in giving Grace 3.5 ounces of milk in a bottle!  Then, she fell asleep on Grandpa Jim after he walked with her.  

I was glad not to have a hamburger or hotdog for dinner!  Daddy and I have been eating leftovers since sunday!  ;-)

We left Gigi's house after 8pm.  I had everyone in their pajamas with a fresh diaper by the time daddy got home.  Daddy got home around 9:30pm.  He helped me brush Joshua's teeth and read everyone a story before bedtime.

Tomorrow is friday and I know we're all ready for the weekend!  We haven't seen daddy a lot this week, so we'll be able to spend some time together as a little family!  

Oh, I forgot to tell you all what we got Mimi and Gigi for Mother's Day this year.  Last year we got them a frame with a picture of Joshua.  This year, we gave Mimi and little girl charm for her bracelet.  we gave her the little boy for Christmas.  We gave Gigi a letter that I wrote about being a mother.  It thanked her for everything she did when I was growing up.  I want to share a part of it with you two:

"I know I am far too late in saying this, but ‘Thank You’ for everything that you did!  
 I never knew how much you did for me growing up until I had my own children.  
 I read somewhere that ‘when a child is born, a mother is born as well.’   
Being a mother is tough, but no one ever realizes this except for other mothers. 
I can’t believe how much you gave up to raise us.   
I never knew what ‘unconditional love’ was until I looked into my own children’s eyes. 

So, thank you for all you did and are doing … for me and for my children.   
Thank you for filling our house with Christian love, support, and encouragement.   
Thank you for your love of music.   
Thank you for laughter and smiles.   
Thank you for teaching us.   
Thank you for helping us.  
 Thank you for your time.   
Thank you for your compassion.   
Thank you for your discipline.   
Thank you for listening.  
 Thank you for talking.   
Thank you for your encouragement.   
Thank you for letting me cry.  
 Thank you for wiping my tears away.  
 Thank you for treating me like an individual.   
Thank you for setting a good example.   
Thank you for being silly.  
 Thank you for being a friend.   
Thank you for being a parent.   
Thank you for being protective of me.   
Thank you for your patience.   
Thank you for your support.  
 Thank you for being a provider.   
Thank you for your guidance. 

Thank you for being an inspiration and a role model. 

Thank you for loving me before I was even born.

Happy Mother’s Day to a woman I truly admire …. my mother! 

I love you so much!"

I wanted to share this with you two because it's true .... I never understood what 'unconditional love' was until I had you two.  I'm so blessed to have you both and I hope you all realize that daddy and I would do anything for you all.  We will always be here for you two .... even when you all are old and grey .... we'll still be praying for you while in Heaven!  :-)  I can't express in words how much we care!

Sleep tight!

I love you both so very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment