Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Did You All Miss Me?


Dearest Precious Miracles~

Today is the day .... today I go back to work, but only half day to see how everyone does.  I really hated to leave you two and I missed you while I was gone!

The day started out early .... Grace had a 2:44am feeding.  Then, I fed her again around 6:30am.  I pumped at 7am right before I had to leave.  I wanted to make sure Grace had enough mommy milk in the fridge to last for at least two bottles.

It was so hard to leave!!  I kissed you both before I left and then I said a little prayer.  I always wave 'I Love You' in sign language when I leave the house to go to work (I did this everyday with Joshua).  So, I continued the tradition today as I was leaving.

Work went by relatively fast though.  They scheduled a root canal so I didn't leave right on time.  I eventually got home around 2:15pm.  Everyone at the office gave me a hug and asked about you two.  I still need to bring you all in to meet everyone (Joshua, you've met almost everyone there).  

Grace, you did great with your bottles!  You ate a 3oz bottle and a 4oz bottle while I was gone!  Penny used the same bottles that we practiced with last week, so if all goes well tomorrow too, then I'll pick more up this weekend.  Joshua, you apparently ate about 3 tablespoons of pasta!  Yippie! 

You two had fun with Penny.  Grace had tummy time with Joshua on the floor.  She also played in her swing and got the hiccups.  :-P  You all also had fun on the screened in porch.  Joshua, I'm sure you got sand everywhere!  ;-)

When I got home, both of you two were napping!  I was like, "Hey, didn't anyone miss me?"  :-P  So, I did the dishes and pumped.  Now, I have milk all ready for Grace for tomorrow!  I read something sweet today which I want to share with you all.  It said that a 'mother's milk is the milk of human kindness' .... isn't that precious?  Joshua, you had mommy milk until you were about five and a half months old.  Then, you were all formula.  Of course, at six months old you weren't much bigger than what Grace is now.  :-P  I was pumping around the clock for you mister!  It was tiring and I was exhausted by the time I stopped.  It's easier now since I can nurse Grace.  We'll see how long I can keep it up .... or if I can keep up with her! 

I wrapped Penny's birthday gift.  Her birthday is on friday, so we'll give her the gift tomorrow.  I made pancakes for dinner and had them almost done when daddy got home.  He came home a little early to mow the lawn, but the mower ran out of gas as he was doing the front yard.  :-P

Joshua, you ate a lot of gold fish for me today!  Woo hoo!  You didn't want any pancakes though.  Grace, you can lift your head straight up with tummy time!  Wow!  You are getting so strong!  I've also been practicing you with sitting.  I bet you'll be able to lift your head in no time!  ;-)

Tomorrow I head back to work for another half day.  Then, starting next week, I'll be there all day on wednesdays and thursdays.  I've enjoyed every moment of maternity leave and always prefer to be with you all than anywhere else in the world!  You two are so precious to me!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment