Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Separation


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

What a beautiful day!  It was cooler since we had that rain, so needed jackets on the porch, but it warmed up as the day went on.

Penny came over in the morning and we played with Joshua in the sandbox.  Once it got closer to lunch time for Grace, I pumped and then took Joshua to the park.  I pumped after her 3am feeding as well (I pumped at 4am), but wanted to be sure she had enough milk before I left the house.

Penny said Grace did 'much better' today when I was at the park with Joshua.  She still only took half the bottle (2 ozs) but didn't start off crying like yesterday.  Penny said she eventually cried, but I think she had taken the 2 ozs by then.  Penny used the same bottle as yesterday to get Grace use to the same nipple.  I'll try that as well to see if we can get her into a routine.

Joshua, you and I had fun at the park!  There were about 10 other children there and we saw at least two pregnant mommies!  I pushed you in the swing for a while, and a little girl (who was smaller and younger than you) used the swing next to us.  She turned to us and kept saying 'Hi' and then then she turned to her mommy and said 'Mama' .... I turned to you and you looked up at me and said something that wasn't coherent.  :-P  I smiled and just kept talked to you and the little girl.  I wish you'd say 'Mama' for me.  Once in a blue moon you'll say it.  

We took your little soccer ball with us to the park and you walked around the grass with it.  I kicked it to you a few times, but you liked to pick it up and throw it more than just kick it.  Then, we walked around a little in the stroller.  We were gone from the house for one hour.

Grace, this was our first separation!  We've never been apart from each other since you were born!  I missed you, even though it was only for an hour.  :-P  I know I'll have a hard time going back to work and leaving you two.  But, it'll only be for parts of wednesdays and thursdays. 

Joshua went down for an afternoon nap around 2:30pm.  I rocked him to sleep and then held him for a while and continued to rock.  Once I heard Grace stir, I placed him on a pillow and then played with her.  Grace, you cooed and smiled for me!  We did some tummy time, but once you got really fussy I picked you up so that you won't wake up Joshua.  

Plans are underway for sunday .... Mother's Day!  Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James are going to bring some side dishes and Mimi and Grandpa Mike are going to bring a dessert.  Daddy and I will take care of the meat, so we'll need to go to the store in the day day or two.  Plus, we'll need some diapers for Joshua pretty soon!  ;-)

Joshua ate some avocado, finished his fruit, and a few bites of cereal for lunch.  Grace had the usual milk.  I had a baked potato.  :-)

We made a pizza for dinner and had to ready by the time daddy got home.  Joshua, you ate a good amount and then took your sippy cup.

After dinner we went outside and played in the front yard.  Joshua brought his soccer ball.  Daddy held Grace as I kicked the ball with Joshua.  The neighbors came outside with their dog, Buddha.  He's a Great Dane, so he's pretty big!  He's 77 lbs now and will likely double in size!  Joshua, you tried to throw a tennis ball to him, but you mainly just dropped it.  Daddy had to help you.  ;-)  I picked you up and held you so that you could see over the fence.  We stayed and talked to our neighbors for a while.  The daddy works on an oil rig, so he's down in the Gulf of Mexico every few weeks.  I see the mommy because she stays home.  The have a boy and a girl who are 5 and 6, respectively.  We see them sometimes playing in the backyard.  :-)

We had some ice cream when we came back in and Joshua ate a little with us.  Then we relaxed in the bonus room until it was time for bed.

Tomorrow is friday!  Woo hoo!  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment