Monday, May 23, 2011

Hot Hot Hot


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

I woke up at 1:20am to the sounds of little Grace pooping in her bed.  :-P  You smiled as I changed you and then I nursed you back to sleep.  There was a thunderstorm outside as I fed you, so we listened to that before drifting back to sleep.

We had a busy morning around the house.  I pumped before one of our nursing sessions and put the milk in the fridge for wednesday.  I'll pump tomorrow morning too so that you'll have a fresh milk bottle to use.  I'll have to thaw milk from the freeze for the rest of the day.

I called the pediatrician's office and the receptionist did not have a message about a prescription for Joshua.  The speech therapist last week wanted to try him on a reflux medication and was to call his doctor.  We see the speech therapist tomorrow, so I'll ask about it.

Joshua helped me pay the townhouse mortgage and homeowner's fees for next month.  Well .... he helped me put them in the mail, he didn't actually help me pay them!  :-P  He also helped me order stamps.  We have some 'thank you' cards to write from the lunch yesterday, but we used our stamps to pay the bills. 

I straightened the living room as Joshua and I had music time downstairs.  Grace was napping upstairs so we stayed down there to give her some extra quiet time.  Once she woke up, we all played downstairs.  I tried to clean Grace's belly button, but I probably should have waited a little longer.  I cauterized it last night, so it hadn't been 24 hours.  I took a Q-tip to clean out the black areas and Grace ended up crying because it bled a little.  :-(  I'm sorry!  I cleaned it as best as I could and then put a band-aid over it.  Tomorrow I'll take another look at it. 

This afternoon you two went down for a nap.  I read a little as you slept, but Grace ended up waking up due to a poopy diaper!  So, I changed her and then we played.  We practiced her sitting and her tummy time.  She loves to watch Joshua play around during her sitting practice!  And, of course, Joshua loves to come up to her to play (even though she's little).  It's so cute!  ;-)

We made a pizza for dinner when daddy got home.  Joshua, you ate a good amount of it!  You ate half a slice!  Woo hoo!  We see Kim tomorrow, so she'll give us some exercises to use to help with your food aversion.  I hope it helps!  I'm amazed that you'll let me brush your teeth in the morning and at night with no problems, but have difficulty with other things near your mouth.

It's been hot recently!  I think it was in the 90's today and will continue to be hot all week.  :-P  The play room stays hot since it's over the garage.  It's not bad under the fan though.

After dinner, we watched some more 'Lucy Show' episodes.  Then, we all got ready for bed. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment