Friday, May 20, 2011

No Surgery


Dearest Gifts~

Ugh .... another nursing session at 2:24am!  ;-)  I was so tired at that time.  It would be nice to get help at those times, but then again it is easier to be able to nurse you verses dealing with bottles.  Such a catch 22.  :-P

After breakfast, we all headed to Grace's 9am appointment with the surgeon.  He was very nice.  The nurse took some measurements before the MD walked in.  Grace, you are now 23.5 inches and 5.67 kgs .... about 12.5 lbs.  Whoa little lady!  I had to change your diaper before they took your weight since you were a little poopy!

The MD was not concerned about your granuloma.  It appears to have gotten smaller and there wasn't enough for him to pull out and ligate.  He removed some dead cells on top and then did another round of silver nitrate to cauterize it.  He gave me some silver nitrate to do at home every two or three days.  He said over time your skin will probably cover it.  If it doesn't appear to be getting smaller though, I can call for a follow up visit.  You don't need surgery!  Woo hoo!  And, we don't need to get putting alcohol on it.  The silver nitrate does stain clothes black, so we may want to put a little band-aid on there.

They took us back right away, so we were out fairly fast.  I chanced my time with you all (between feedings) and went back to 'Babies R Us' to get some bottles for Grace and some sippy cups for Joshua.  We had a gift card, so I figured I would go ahead and use a little bit of it.  I bought the same bottles that Penny has been using (Gigi also likes them), so she should have enough for the days when I'm not there (when I'm there I still just nurse you).  :-)
Once home, we all had some lunch.  Grace fell asleep so Joshua and I had music and play time downstairs.  He helped me check the mail, but we didn't stay out long since it was hot outside.  Joshua also helped me vacuum the downstairs and clean the kitchen.  He did better with the vacuum and didn't cry.  :-)

We all played upstairs once Grace woke up.  She did some tummy time and has gotten pretty strong!  She lifts that head up and looks all around!  I tried to get some pictures.  Joshua sat next to her and wanted to play with her, though she's still too little.  I ended up having Grace practicing her sitting in my lap while Joshua played around us.  I put some music on as he played.  :-)  Grace eventually got the hiccups and it took her awhile to get rid of them.  :-P

Once daddy got home, we had some dinner and then headed to Target.  We ran out of some things for you two (wipes, milk, and boost) and didn't know if we'd have time tomorrow since we're heading downtown for Artsplosure.  After the store, we relaxed and played in the bonus room until bed time.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment