Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Different Bottle


Dearest Sweet Children~

We did a little better last night with sleeping, though I'm still exhausted today.  :-P  Grace, you woke up at 3am for a feeding and then again around 7am.  I was able to lie down for a little between feedings but I got hungry and had to have something downstairs.

Grandpa Mike came over yesterday evening (I think I forgot to tell you all this) and dropped off his lawn mower.  He had to fix something on it, but now it's working again.  Daddy mowed the lawn this morning as I watched you two.  

Gigi and Uncle James came over around 10am and helped with a bottle for Grace.  We tried the new bottle that we picked up yesterday.  This will be the fifth bottle and fourth nipple for Grace.  :-P  I put 4 ozs of formula in there, and she ended up taking about 2.5-3 before falling asleep.  She did pretty well, but I think she's also getting use to Gigi giving her bottles.  This week, we'll work with Penny to see if there's a bottle she likes.

Once Grace was fed, we all walked up to the park.  Joshua had fun in the swing with daddy and Uncle James.  Gigi and I walked Grace around the park in the stroller and then sat in the shade.  We headed back to the house for lunch time.  Joshua, you were really picky with lunch again and barely ate.  You had some pizza and part of a cookie.  Then, you took down an entire boost and whole milk sippy cup.  

After lunch, the boys went upstairs to watch 'Dr. Who' on television.  Grace, Gigi, and I stayed downstairs and did tummy time with Grace.  She fell asleep!  So, we talked and watched her napping on a blanket.  Grandpa Jim did a cycling ride this morning, but came over as Grace was napping.  The boys were done upstairs, so Grandpa Jim and Uncle James ended up getting some ice cream for us and then took Joshua for a ride in the stroller.  

Joshua, you fell asleep on Gigi after your stroller ride.  ;-)  Everyone visited for a little bit, and then people left and let you all sleep.  Daddy and I made some chicken and veggies for dinner.  Joshua, you ate some pasta stars, but you won't eat the meat pieces so daddy had to pick them all out for you.  :-P

We watched the movie 'Big Business' this evening.  I use to watch this movie with my Nana when I was younger.  It took us a while to get through it since we had to stop for diaper changes and to give Grace a bottle .... well, we thought she was hungry, but she wasn't, so she ended up not taking the bottle.  So, we'll have to try another one tomorrow.

Tomorrow we'll also have to see what Grace's belly button looks like.  If the stump still hasn't fallen off, then we'll need to go back to the pediatrician for her to cauterize it again.  I hope it comes off soon! 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment