Friday, May 6, 2011

Vacuum Scare


Dearest Angels~

Today we did a lot of cleaning and straightening.  I was trying to get the place a little more organized before people come over on sunday.  I cleaned the living room and vacuumed the carpet.  Grace was upstairs napping so Joshua was helping me.  But, for some reason, he really flipped out when I turned the vacuum cleaner on.  I never saw anything like that before!  He went into the kitchen, hid behind the island, and started to cry.  I vacuumed really fast and then he slowly came over once I was putting the vacuum cleaner away.  :-P  Wow!  Didn't mean to scare you little man!  I use to be able to vacuum while you sat in your bumbo seat with no problems.  :-P

We worked our way into the kitchen after awhile.  I went through a bunch of papers that were in a green bin and realized we never sent away for Grace's birth certificate!  Ugh!  So, I put that form to the side so we can order one.  :-P  No one's asked to see it, so I think we're ok.  ;-)

I put all the toys in the living room in the ottoman since the top comes off.  This is now your toy chest to share!  The top is heavy, so you two will need help in opening it.  Joshua already knows where the toys are and how to ask for someone to open it.  You're pretty smart young man!

We got a newsletter from Wake Med in the mail today.  I only got to flip through it briefly, but the American Academy of Pediatrics have changed the car seat regulations.  Children need to remain rear facing until age 2.  So, we need to update anyone planning on driving you two.  :-)  I'm actually glad about the regulations.  I thought Joshua was too small for forward facing, even though he's 'technically' allowed.  I keep him rear facing in my car, and so does Gigi. 

I wrapped Gigi's gift and have both Mimi's and Gigi's downstairs for them.  I also organized the kitchen counter a little to make room for a bottle and sippy cup station.  :-)

Joshua just went down for a nap this afternoon around 3pm.  I had to rock him and then he fell asleep on me.  I hardly get to hold him so I took advantage of it!  I held him for a while until Grace stirred.  Then, I placed him gently on a pillow to nurse Grace.  Once she was fed, I played with her and she smiled and coo'ed for me.  :-)

As I was vacuuming and cleaning, my mind started to wander about the downstairs floor plan.  The living room and study both have carpet, and eventually, we'd like to tear it up and extend hardwood into those rooms (the rest of the downstairs is hardwood).  But, I was thinking wouldn't it make sense to make the living room and study one big room if that wasn't a load bearing wall?  Or, at least make a large archway into the next room to open it more?  Right now, the living room is kind of cramped with the couches and the toys right in the middle.  If the rooms were opened, there would be a lot more room for you all to play!  Of course, that would have to be done before the floors.  And, I'm sure that would be an expensive project.  But, it maybe worth looking into.  I'd love for you all to have a bigger room down there, and I think it would make those rooms more functional. 

I downloaded the free Friday books on my ereader .... I've never heard of one of them.  The other was 'The Secret Garden' just for mothers day.  I remember reading it for school and not really liking it, but I figured I'd give it another chance.  I can always delete it!  :-P  We're still reading 'Pride and Prejudice' right now.

This evening we had lasagna for dinner and Joshua ate a good amount.  We went out to Target to get some supplies for the weekend.  We won't have time in the morning since we're doing the Promise Walk in Apex to raise suppose for Preeclampsia.  And, Joshua needed diapers, so we went this evening.  It was cool and raining as we left.  Joshua, you sat in the cart as I had Grace in the infant carrier near me.  She fell asleep against me.  :-)

Once we got back, we didn't have long before we had to get you all ready for bed.  Tomorrow's suppose to be a beautiful day!  I'm sure there will be a good turn out for the walk!  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment