Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Dearest Precious Children~

Happy Mother's Day!  Today, we thank the Lord for all the mothers in the world, the mothers who are no longer with us, expecting mothers, and women who will one day be mothers!

Joshua, congratulations!  You slept in your crib until 4am this morning!  Wow!  I could hardly believe it when I woke up at 3am to feed Grace and went to check on you.  Daddy got up and changed Grace for me before I nursed her.  We were both surprised at you sleeping away in the nursery.  Though, an hour later you woke up.  :-P  At least you made some progress there.  

Grace, you had a huge blow out poopy diaper this morning while sitting in your papasan chair!  We had to take apart the chair for the wash.  And, since you needed it after that diaper, I gave you a bath! Joshua, you got a bath too!  Both of you two were fresh and clean this morning to celebrate Mother's Day!  ;-)

We all relaxed in the play room before people came over.  I nursed Grace and she fell asleep in my lap.  I placed her in the bassinet and she stayed sleeping for about 3 hours while people ate, visited, and had some dessert.  Once you started to stir, various people tried to give you a bottle.  :-P  Daddy, Mimi, and Gigi all walked around with you.  I pumped upstairs.  You eventually were content to visit with people and took a short nap (probably wore yourself out).  You started the bottle at around 1:30pm.  You took a break and a little nap .... then you woke up again hungry .... people tried the bottle .... you fell asleep again .... you woke up again hungry (this time with a vengeance since you still hadn't taken much from the bottle).  By 4:30pm, you had finished that 3 oz bottle, though we're guessing you really only took about 2 ozs since you dribbled a lot and the bib and your clothes were soaked.  :-P  Of course, you were still hungry after all that since technically that bottle ran into two feeding times!  So, I ended up nursing you around 4:45pm.  :-P  You really cried and cried with this bottle.  I felt so bad for you and I hate hearing you cry little lady! 

After I nursed Grace, we all went downstairs for dinner.  We ate some leftovers from lunch (I'm sure we'll be having leftovers for a while!).  It was a little before 6pm, so we all went outside to enjoy the day and weather.  I kicked the soccer ball with Joshua while holding Grace.  Daddy trimmed some bushes in the front yard.

As we were playing and enjoying the evening, Grace burped and then threw up a lot!  I mean, it was everywhere!  She got the front and back of my shirt and her onesie and her legs!  It went through to my bra!  I had to take a quick shower just to rinse off.  :-P

Poor little lady .... I don't know if you threw up because you worked yourself up too much with the bottle or if it was because of something else.  :-P  If it was from the bottle then I don't know what to do.  We'll just have to keep working at it I guess.  I spoke to some friends who said their babies never got use to the bottle and they had to nurse all the time.  Of course, those mommies didn't go back to work.  Daddy and I spoke about changing my hours and just working in the mornings to see if I could get home in time for you to nurse and only have to take one bottle while I'm gone.  There are lots of pros and cons to that idea, so we just have to see.

We all watched 'The Lucy Show' and relaxed in evening in the play room.  Daddy gave me the Mother's Day gift that you all had been working on .... it was a cartoon that daddy drew!  It's so cute and funny!  It has Joshua saying 'Mama' to me!  Daddy's going to print it so we can frame it and place it on the wall with all the other cartoons.  :-)  I also got some chocolate from Gigi and a charm from Mimi.  What a wonderful Mother's Day .... of course, the best gifts are you two precious miracles! 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment