Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back To The Doctor


Dearest Blessings~

So, Grace's umbilical cord stump did not come off over the weekend, or yesterday.  I called the doctor's office and got us an appointment at 10:20am.  It was around 8:45am when I called, so I still had to finish getting everyone ready, packed and loaded, and go across town to make it.  We made it in time (with some time to spare actually), but once we got there you two were not happy campers!  I had to keep Joshua in a stroller so he wouldn't wander around the exam room (or office) while I was holding Grace for the doctor.  This made Joshua mad and he cried throughout the appointment.  Grace, you were no better because you ended up getting hungry.  :-P  So, you started crying and screaming during the appointment as well.  

The doctor did another round of cauterizing your umbilical cord.  I hope it works this time.  I'm suppose to give it another week.  If nothing happens, I need to call the doctor's office again and we might have to have a surgeon ligate it.  I'm praying it comes off because I don't want you to have to go through that.  

Once we left the office, Joshua played a little in his car seat with some toys as I nursed Grace in the front seat.  As soon as everyone was happy again, we made a quick trip to Harris Teeter for some groceries.  I picked up some pureed fruits for Joshua to see if he would eat some (he ate half a container for me for lunch!) and some bread for daddy's lunches.  

Oh, I forgot to tell you all .... on sunday I clipped Grace's nails as she napped and daddy was able to cut Joshua's toe nails once he fell asleep.  I swear the two of you have the fastest growing nails .... and they're so small!  We have to use a little pair of scissors to cut them!  :-)

Grace, you're getting stronger each day with your tummy time.  You're going from right to left and back again .... though sometimes you're still getting stuck on the right.  I move your head and stretch your neck when I see you getting stuck.

Joshua took a little nap this afternoon.  I read a little and then fed Grace.  Oh, did I tell you what book we're on now?  We finished 'The Invisible Man' a while ago and have started 'Pride and Prejudice' .... I've never read it but I've seen a movie version years ago.  It came for free on the Nook, so I figured I might as well read it.  ;-)

We made some macaroni and cheese for dinner.  Joshua's been doing 'ok' with pastas, so we gave it a try.  He ate a good little amount off daddy's plate.  After dinner, we all went outside and played in the front yard!  We took a soccer ball out there to kick around.  The weather was beautiful!  Hopefully we can do this more often after dinner.  We didn't see the neighbor's dog out, but we walked all around the house to stretch our legs.  :-)  We were planning our Mother's Day weekend!  We're thinking of having a lunch time cookout after church that day.  How fun!  :-)  We'll have to see if the weather is nice.

After our outdoor fun, we gave Joshua a nice bath.  Grace, you're next .... I'll probably give you one tomorrow.

Daddy tried an evening bottle with Grace, but she just wasn't hungry.  She wanted to soothe herself, but looked like she was hungry.  You still have trouble soothing yourself and can't quite figure it out .... so, you get frustrated and cry.  You won't take a pacifier, so you use me as a pacifier.  :-P

Tomorrow Penny will be here!  I'll get her opinion on these bottles.  I think it might rain in the morning, so we may not go to the park.

Sleep tight!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment