Saturday, May 21, 2011

Artsplosure


Dearest Miracles~

Grace, once again you woke up at 2:30am hungry.  But, daddy got up and changed your diaper!  Woo hoo!  He must have read my letter yesterday about help.  ;-)

Once we all had breakfast and got ready for the day, the four of us headed downtown to Artsplosure.  This is the annual art festival for all the local artists in the area.  They had pottery, paintings, jewelry, crafts ....  you name it and they probably had it.  We walked all around and saw all the exhibits.  It was hot out though, so we sat in some shade and took a break right before lunch.  We saw Gigi and Uncle James there.  They joined us for lunch at a cafe downtown.  I nursed Grace, but we ended up changing her outfit since she had a poopy diaper and was hot from the stroller.  Joshua, you got a little red from the sun, but we tried to make sure you stayed hydrated.

We saw a lot of cool things.  My favorite was an guy who made 'guitars' out of car license plates.  One had a NC plate on the front and he put 'Tarheels' down the 'fretboard' of the guitar.  :-)  I also liked the bags and some of the paintings.

After lunch, we said good bye to Gigi and Uncle James.  They went back to the exhibits and the four of us went home.  Grace, you did a lot of smiling and cooing at the house!  You're really trying to talk more and it's so cute!  Some of your smiles were really big too!  Daddy and I tried to take a few videos.

This afternoon was pretty lazy .... we ended up taking naps.  All four of us fell asleep!  I took a one hour nap as you two were snoring!  Daddy fell asleep too after reading a little. 

Daddy grilled a nice steak for dinner this evening.  Then, we filled out Joshua's sensory profile for Kim (his speech therapist) for next week.  We have an appointment on tuesday with her.  Daddy and I have noticed Joshua coughing more during the day, which might be the reflux.  I never heard from the pediatrician (Kim was suppose to call her to discuss reflux and medications).  I'll call the office on monday to see what's going on.  

Tomorrow Grace and I are going to a lunch.  We were invited by Mimi to the "Lovely Lady Luncheon" with her sorority.  I went last year and took Joshua.  ;-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment