Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Have Homework


Dearest Blessings~

This morning we didn't have a long time to play since Joshua had his speech therapy appointment.  I like Kim and Joshua appears to like her as well.  She said you two looked a like!  I guess you two look like siblings.  :-)

The appointment went well.  We have homework on practicing Joshua with a dry spoon.  We need to do our homework at least twice a day and not at meal times.  This will help Joshua get use to things near his mouth.  I'm to use the vibrating teether with you as well.  If I can get the spoon to your lips, then that counts as a positive trial.  If you let the spoon in your mouth, than I'm to circle that trial so Kim knows.  She gave me paper to document our trials on.  We do ten trials per session together.

Grace, you did well during the appointment.  You were beginning to take up towards the end, but you never fussed.

When we got home, I ate a quick lunch and put Grace down for some tummy time.  I then put Joshua in the high chair to test him on some fruit.  I did some of the exercises that Kim taught us and you ate half a container!  Yippie!  Then you took a sippy cup.  I made a 'therapy box' and put it on the kitchen table to use during the day.  I put the vibrating teether in there with some other toys to use only for our therapy home sessions.  I also put an electric toothbrush in there and our log to write stuff down in since Kim gave us homework.  

Afterward, Joshua played around in the bonus room as I nursed Grace.  Then, she had some sitting practice and more tummy time.  You are really getting strong little lady.  You are getting better at holding your head up everyday.  I'm not noticing you favoring one side over the other like we saw earlier, but we'll still keep an eye on you.  ;-)

I emptied a big plastic bin and made that into a toy box for the play room.  We'll see how long we keep that room organized.  :-P

It was so hot again today.  We had the air conditioning on upstairs and the ceiling fan.  It was too hot to pack you all up to go anywhere else this afternoon though.  We stayed at the house after lunch.

We made some bacon and eggs with toast for dinner this evening.  Joshua didn't eat much of it though.  We go to the pediatrician's on friday to be evaluated for reflux.  They may put Joshua on a medication to help with that and see if he eats better.  Perhaps that will help you sleep better to.  Kim thinks you might be having some reflux at night and you could be in pain.

I pray things go well with you all tomorrow as I'm gone to work.  Daddy and Mimi haven't tried to give Grace a bottle in a long time.  :-P  In fact, you haven't had a bottle since last thursday when Penny was here.  I tried to leave out enough milk in the fridge (there's more in the freezer and emergency formula in the pantry just in case). I've been pumping extra though so you'd have fresh milk to drink.

Joshua, you giggled in bed this evening and it was so precious!  Grace, you tried to talk and you smiled and cooed .... which was also precious!

I'm going to miss you two so much tomorrow when I'm at work!  It'll be my first full day back at work!

Sleep tight little ones!


I love you two so much!


~Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment