Tuesday, May 10, 2011

To The Surgeon We Go


Dearest Sweet Blessings~

This morning we all got to play together.  I was still a little tired from yesterday, but at least we got to relax.  There was a moment in there where Grace fell asleep on me and I almost dozed off, but I managed to stay awake to watch Joshua play all around the bonus room.  :-)

I called the pediatrician's office and got an appointment for 2pm today for Grace's belly button.  Dr. Medero looked at it and gave me a referral for a pediatric surgeon to evaluate it.  She's already treated the area twice with silver nitrate to cauterize it, so she wants another opinion on whether it should be ligated off.  :-P  Poor little lady .... you really don't want to 'cut the cord' do you?  ;-)  Oh, they weighed you today and you're now 11 lbs 13 ozs!  Woo hoo!


Joshua, I had you in the stroller again and you did a little better today.  You started to whine during the middle of the appointment, but to be honest, I was getting antsy myself.  We weren't called back until 2:20pm and we didn't see the MD until 2:40pm.  :-P

Grace, you had a huge poop in your swing this morning.  I took apart the cover and washed it.  I just did your laundry, so I threw in what little you all had in there as well.

Joshua, you did better with eating today.  You ate some more hotdog and I had to cut up another one for you.  I think you probably ate about a quarter of a hotdog today.  :-)  You didn't eat much fruit though.  :-P

I felt bad this afternoon because I had to wake Joshua up from a nap so we could go to the pediatrician's office.  He didn't really go back to sleep the rest of the day, but ... he fell asleep before 9pm this evening!  Woo hoo!  Daddy read to us in bed and Joshua fought sleep.  Then, daddy rubbed his back and he fell right to sleep next to us.  It was cute.  Daddy had to leave for a late soccer game (it didn't start until 9:45pm) so I sat next to Joshua in our bed and nursed Grace.  Once Grace fell asleep (by the way, you're still using me as a pacifier), I put her in the bassinet and I closed my eyes next to Joshua.  Once daddy got home, he placed him in the crib.  Daddy got home about an hour later because it started to thunder so the game was cut short. 

Joshua, you do something really sweet to Grace every now and then .... you play with her hair!  It's so cute when you do it too!  You smile at daddy and I, and then you touch her hair and smile at her.  :-)

I'm still on maternity leave this week, but Penny will be here tomorrow.  I'll see if she can practice with Grace on another bottle.  You haven't had one since sunday little lady. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment