Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Almost 3 Ounces


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

What a beautiful day it was today!  It was a little breezy in the morning, but it warmed up quickly.  I wore pants to the park and I should have worn shorts instead!  :-P

In the morning, when Penny came over, we played in the screened in porch.  We blew bubbles all around and Joshua had fun watching them float in the air.  We had some music on and he played in the sandbox.  Grace got to watch, but she mostly slept during that time.

Once Grace got hungry, Joshua and I went to the park.  I think it helped Grace to not have me there to practice with bottles more.  Penny had an easier time giving her a bottle today and she took almost 3 oz of the 4 oz of the mommy milk I put in there!  Of course, your bib was pretty wet, as was your outfit, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you drank that much.  ;-)  I pumped this morning around 5:30am to put that milk for your bottle.  This afternoon, after you had your bottle, I pumped again so you have some milk for tomorrow's bottle as well.  :-)

Penny swaddled Grace in a little blanket and held her close when giving the bottle.  She fussed, but not as much.  Penny made the hole in the nipple a tiny bit bigger.  It was a 'slow' flow nipple and we're guessing Grace may do better with a slightly faster one.  If she does better tomorrow, then I'll try to get more nipples and a few bottles over the weekend.  She only needs a few for wednesdays and thursdays for now.  And, since the nipples are a different shape than the ones we used for Joshua, we have to get new bottles.  These nipples have a wider base so the baby latches on like their nursing.  :-)

Joshua and I had fun at the park again.  We played on the swing for a little while.  There was a girl who just turned two on the next swing.  She was talking up a storm next to us!  Joshua smiled and pointed and said a few little babble words.  ;-)  We then played in the grass.  I brought a soccer ball so he walked around with it and I would kick it to him whenever he threw it.  There was a man there on the side of the park practicing the cello.  So, we got to listen to some music as we played.

Oh, since we've been practicing with Joshua, we've noticed that he can point to his hair, nose, tummy, and toes if asked!  I asked him where is mouth was, and he kind of got it right (really pointed at his nose, but then moved his fingers down), so I think he's learning that one too!  Good job little man!  

Joshua, you took a late afternoon nap.  As you slept, I played with Grace and read a little.  She ended up falling asleep on me as I rocked her.  I kept holding her and let her sleep as I read and watched Joshua.

Daddy got home really late this evening.  It was after 7pm when he got home.  He was covering for some other people in the office so this week was busy for him.  We all had our dinner by the time he got home, though Joshua refused his fruit and veggie again.  I tried to give him carrots and he wouldn't have anything to do with them!  You've had carrots before little man!  Next week is your appointment with the speech therapist.  I hope they can find out why you're not eating a lot.  Perhaps you do have a swallowing issue?

We all relaxed in the play room this evening.  Grace fell asleep in her swing as Joshua walked around.  Oh, did I tell you .... Joshua is getting faster with his walking .... he's on the verge of running every now and then!  He'll dart if you're not careful!  :-P

Tomorrow is suppose to be cloudy, but hopefully we'll get out again when Penny's here.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment