Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Shopping


Dearest Angels~

I have some news for you two .... Joshua slept in his crib until 7:15am this morning!  Whoa!  Way to go little man!  Will this be a habit?  I checked on you several times during the night.  Grace got hungry at 4am.  When I noticed you sleeping, I ended up changing her diaper in the play room.  Then, I nursed her in the bedroom.  Once she fell back asleep, I checked on Joshua again.  He was still sleeping, so I went back into the play room and pumped.  Grace, you left almost 2 ozs of mommy milk, so I froze it so you could have it later.  :-P  Joshua was still sleeping, so I went back to bed a little after 5am.  I heard daddy's alarm go off for work and once he hopped in the shower I started to hear Joshua stir.  :-P

After everyone was dressed and ready for the day, I packed you two up and we headed over to Lifeway Christian Store.  We got there around 9:45am.  Penny's birthday is on friday so I wanted to pick some thing up for her.  I found some great gifts there!

First, you two know how Penny drinks a cup of tea while here?  Well, I found some 'Scripture Tea' there.  On each tea bag there's a Bible verse!  Then, I found a mug for her to use with the Bible verse 'As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord' (Joshua 24:15 NIV).  Lastly, I found a little planter with the Bible verse 'Grow in Grace' from 2 Peter 3:18 (NIV).  So, the tea is from daddy and I .... the mug is from Joshua .... and the planter is from Grace!  Isn't that wonderful!  Also, they had a larger planter so I bought one for us to put Grace's tree in!  Yippie!  Remember how (Great) Aunt Pops gave you a little cypress tree when you were born?  We can replant your tree in the planter and put it on the front porch!  :-)

Grace, you had a huge poop while in your swing this morning.  I had to take it apart and run the laundry.  :-P  I put a towel in there once it was clean in case you decided to poop again!

We had downstairs music time after lunch as Grace napped upstairs.  Joshua helped me check the mail this afternoon and then I rocked him to sleep around 1:40pm.  Once he fell asleep, I cut his nails.  They sure were long man!  :-P

Oh, this picture of Grace in her chair cheering reminds me of another picture I have of someone else.  Your Gigi did this pose at my wedding.  I guess this is where Grace gets it from!  ;-)

It rained a little this afternoon and then the plumber came to look at our ceiling.  He thinks they're old water stains and guesses it from when the toilet was placed.  The toilet in the master bathroom is newer (based on the model) so the plumber thinks some water leaked in there when it was replaced.  However, he couldn't get our shower drain open either (we've tried everything and it won't drain).  So, he's coming back later in the week to take it apart to see what's going on.  In the meantime, we're suppose to see if the ceiling spots increase in size or not.

Joshua, you ate about a dozen gold fish as a snack for me and didn't spit any out!  Woo hoo!  We'll see what the experts say tomorrow about your eating habits.  Penny is going to come over and ride with us to hear what they have to say as well.  We made eggs, bacon, and toast for dinner and you didn't want anything to do with it.  :-P

Oh, you're beginning to walk backwards now!  It's really cute, though you bump into things if you're not careful! 

Daddy had a soccer game this evening so you two got to visit with Uncle Brennan before they left.  Daddy got Grace to take a pacifier as I took a shower.  

The three of us played in the bonus room this evening.  We briefly got to video chat with Gigi and (Great) Aunt Beth before Grace got hungry.  You two started to get sleepy around 9pm.  I had you two in pajamas with teeth brushed and in bed by 9:30pm.  :-)  Joshua, you don't fight me when brushing your teeth any more.  I put you on your back on the floor and give you a little toy.  You open your mouth for me as I brush!  I brush your teeth in the morning and at night.  I was awake when daddy got home, but you two were sound asleep.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment: