Monday, May 2, 2011

In A Fog


Dearest Angels~

Today was a pretty groggy day.  At least it was for me.  :-P  

I was still tired from this weekend, so we took it easy all day.  I took Joshua outside a few times to walk to the mail box and back.  We only got junk mail which was a present change from the bills we've been getting.  :-P  

Joshua, you scared the crap out of me at lunch!  I tried to give you some oatmeal, since you didn't eat much at breakfast.  I gave you two spoonfuls and then you started to gag!  You ended up being ok, but you really worried me!  I guess you do have a reflex that's hindering your swallowing?  You have an appointment with the speech therapist to have your swallowing and food aversion issue checked out on the 17th.  In the meantime, daddy and I keep trying to give you whatever you'll take, but you mostly just want whole milk, formula, or boost.  You'll eat little bits of things, but nothing substantial.  You're beginning to worry me little man.  I put you on the scale this morning and it registered at 22 lbs.  At least you're not loosing weight!  I would say that perhaps you're regressing to liquids because you see your baby sister drink bottles, but we all know that's not the case! :-P

Grace, your umbilical cord stump stayed on through this evening.  So, tomorrow morning I'll call the pediatrician to get you back in.  Part of it is coming off, but the granuloma underneath is still visible. 

We did a few loads of laundry today.  Joshua, you helped me fold and put the clothes away.  Today was beautiful!  I can't find an easy way to pack both of you up to go to the park by myself though.  Once Grace gets stronger and can sit up, I can put you both in the double stroller.  :-)

Speaking of stronger .... Grace, you're still doing well with your tummy times.  You went to the left several times today.  I still have to move your head when you fall asleep, but I'm sure you'll start to go to the left eventually.

Daddy was home a little early from work today.  We made pasta and Joshua had some for dinner.  Yippie!  I was able to take a quick shower and got to visit briefly before daddy and Uncle Brennan left for soccer.  

Joshua, do you remember the 'Promise Walk' last year?  Well, I registered us for it again this weekend.  May is Preeclampsia Awareness Month and the Promise Walk helps raise support and awareness for the pregnancy condition.  We did it last year, which was the first year they had a local one in Apex.  We're doing it again on saturday.  It's only 2 miles around a lake, but I'm sure it'll take us a little while with both of you two.  ;-)  They'll have music there and a raffle!  Also, there will be doctor to discuss the pregnancy condition with people.  Survivors got recognized last year and Joshua got a balloon!  I'm sure we'll have fun this year too!

The three of us stayed at the house.  I got Joshua changed into his pajamas and brushed his teeth.  I gave Grace a little bottle, but then nursed her.  She ended up spitting up on me.  :-P  I tried to get Joshua to unwind, but it was hard to do while trying to feed Grace at the same time.  Daddy didn't get home until 10pm, so Joshua didn't go to bed until around 11pm.  I was still tired and didn't end up putting Grace in the bassinet until almost midnight.  :-P  

I hope we get some sleep soon .... I ended up needing to take a tylenol when daddy got home after work because I was in such a tired fog.  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment