Monday, May 30, 2011

First Real Bath



Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

This morning we were able to relax before heading out for our Memorial Day cookout at Mimi's house.  Daddy and Joshua watched some cartoons in the play room as I took a little nap with Grace.  I was tired from our early morning nursing session and then I pumped right after.  I'm trying to build up a milk supply for wednesday, but we may need to thaw some mommy milk to use since I used some pumped milk for yesterday's bottle.  We have lots in the freezer, so that's not a problem.  In fact, I put about 9 ozs in there last thursday that we could thaw and not even touch the milk in the garage freezer.  :-)  I've been trying to work overtime for you, so we'll see how long that lasts!

We made it to Mimi's house a little after noon.  We got to visit with Mimi, Grandpa Mike, Uncle Brennan, and Aunt Katie.  There was chicken, green beans, corn, rolls, mac and cheese, chips with salsa, shrimp, dessert .... yummm!  Joshua, you didn't eat much at all!  You did like your new toy .... a toy grill with a plastic hamburger and hotdog.  :-P  You kept walking around the house holding the spatula and tongs.  Grace, you got to nap on Aunt Katie as the food cooked.  Then, you got passed around once you woke and we were eating.  I nursed you while dessert was out and then we left afterward.

We came back home and everyone was tired.  Joshua, you ended up taking a 2 hour nap.  Grace, you did some tummy time and then we played.  You're so strong with tummy time!  I got a nice picture of you with your head up and smiling at me!  :-)

After you ate, you fell asleep .... so I ended up closing my eyes too!  All four of us took a nap in the living room!  We stayed downstairs since it was so hot today .... the bonus room upstairs felt like a sauna.  Tomorrow is suppose to be hotter, so I'm sure we'll spend the majority of our day downstairs until the upstairs cools off.

Joshua was uncooperative with his therapies today.  I did a morning session and daddy did an evening session.  We didn't have much success with getting him to open his mouth, even for just a dry spoon.  We see Kim tomorrow so we'll see what she says.

After dinner (we had leftovers), we all went outside and walked around the yard to stretch our legs.  Joshua's face got a little red again, so we didn't stay out there long.  Daddy and I want to get a storm door for the house, so I was looking at some of our neighbors' doors around the cul-de-sac.  But, before that's done, we're going to wash the house and get the gutters cleaned out.  :-)

Grace, you had your first real bath this evening!  I've just been giving you little sponge baths since you had that belly button issue.  I wasn't suppose to get the area wet when we were cauterizing it and cleaning it.  Now that everything appears clear, I put you in the little infant tub and gave you a bath.  You did very well for your first bath!  You fussed and squirmed at first, but then you smiled up at me!  

Speaking of which, you also gave us lots of smiles and coos this evening.  You're still trying to talk and I took another video.  We did more tummy time as daddy and Joshua watched some 'old school' Batman with Adam West.  ;-)  You were pushing up a lot with no fussing!  In fact, you went 17 minutes without a peep!  And, since it was a small peep and you weren't crying, I let you go longer.  You stayed on your belly looking around for 26 minutes!  Whoa!  Good job little lady!  I'm so proud of you!  I'm trying to show you how to roll since I know that will come next.  ;-)

Joshua, you're a smart little man too!  Daddy and I asked you this evening, 'Where's Grace?  Where's daddy?  Where's mommy?' and you got them all right and pointed to all of us!  Yippie!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment