Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First Full Day Back


Dearest Precious Children~

Today was my first full day back at work!  It didn't start off well since I woke up with a headache and needed a tylenol.  But, it picked up from there.  :-P

I fed Grace in the morning and then just held her as she slept .... I didn't want to let her go!!  I pumped before I left, so hopefully you will have enough fresh milk while I'm gone.  There's also milk in the freezer.

I kissed you both before I left and told you all how much I love you.  Joshua was still waking up.  Daddy worked from home today since Penny is gone this week.  Mimi came over to help him though during the day.

Daddy took detailed notes on what you all did together.  Here's what he had:

7:30am - everyone awake and diapers changed
8am - Mimi arrives.  Joshua drinking sippy cup and Grace playing in papasan chair
8:30am - Grace takes 3 oz bottle.  Half from daddy and half from Mimi.  She did very well and then took nap!  Joshua has stinky diaper.
9:30am - Joshua helped daddy bring garbage can up from curb.  It's really hot out so they bring Grace's tree back inside.
10am - Grace does tummy time with Mimi.  She does a good job lifting her head and looking in both directions.  Joshua, however, smacks her a few times.  :-P
10:15am - Therapy time for Joshua and daddy.  He smiles and opens wide for daddy.  Diaper change for Grace.
10:30am - Snack time .... few bites of fruit, lots of gold fish, and water.  Grace just chills out on Mimi while sucking fingers for comfort.
11am - music time - Joshua claps and dances
11:30am - bottle #2 for Grace.  She took down 4 ozs for Mimi.  Joshua guzzled a boost drink.  Daddy ran to Ace Hardware and picked up a gas can to mow the lawn and sandwiches for lunch (I had a baked potato at work for lunch).  :-)
1pm - everyone upstairs - all diapers changed and Grace takes nap
1:30pm - laundry time - Joshua helped by turning on washing machine and pushing start button.  What a smart guy!  :-)
2:30pm - Grace falls asleep in swing.  Joshua doesn't realize how tired he is (fighting nap time)
3pm - bottle #3 with medium flow nipple - no fussing and Grace took down 4 ozs.  She appears to do better with the medium flow vs the slow
3:30pm - Joshua finally puts head on pillow and closes his eyes - finally napping
4:15pm - changed Grace's diaper and outfit
4:45pm - daddy mowed the lawn
5:30pm - big poop from Grace leading to a new outfit and changing table cover
5:50pm - bottle #4 with 3 ozs
6pm - 'Rip Van Joshua' finally wakes up   ;-)

I got home around 6:30pm and pumped since Grace just had a bottle.  Daddy ended up thawing a few ounces, but we should be fine for tomorrow since I was able to pump at work and I'll pump tomorrow morning again.

But, the first thing I did when I walked in the door was kiss you all!  I missed you all sooo much!

Today was Mimi and Grandpa Mike's 37th wedding anniversary!  What a blessing! 

We had no air at work today until lunch time and it was hot!  Plus, we wear long sleeve gowns, gloves, masks, scrubs .... needless to say I drank so much water today!  :-P

Daddy made dinner when I got home.  He made some pasta and it was yummy!  

Tomorrow I head back to work, but you all will be with Mimi and daddy again.  I'm glad Grace did great with her bottles.  I was a little worried about that.  I was still able to nurse her in the evening, so she can now go back and forth .... what a smart girl!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment