Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Happy New Year!  Today is Uncle Brennan's birthday!  We called and wished him a happy birthday!

Whew .... am I tired!  Daddy and I stayed up last night and watched the ball drop to ring in the new year.  You two were sleeping.  Then, I had insomnia since I was awake!  Grace, you woke from your crib at 1am and noodled into our bed.  Joshua came whimpering into our room at 1:45am.  I laid down with him back in his room since I was still awake.  I think I finally fell asleep around 2:30am this morning.  I woke Grace on purpose to nurse at 7am. 

This morning you two helped me prepare the crock pot for dinner.  We made a beef, potato, and veggie soup.  It was good!  And, it was a nice and healthy way to start the year.  :-)

Guess what .... I sold a camera bag this morning that I wasn't using.  Woo hoo!  We're getting closer to upgrading our camera!  ;-)

We all had lunch at (Great) Uncle Laurence's house.  Your Great Grandfather and Rosemary were in town from TN.  Also saw (Great) Aunt Marti, cousin Erik, cousin Mia, (Great) Uncle David, Kevin, Gigi, and Uncle James.  Joshua, you loved playing with cousin Erik's cars!  We visited for about 2 hours before heading home.

We were home for the UNC basketball game and Joshua took a nap.  He was getting fussy at (Great) Uncle Laurence's house so we knew he'd fall asleep in the car.  He continued to sleep once in the house.  Grace played while the game was on.  I nursed her during the second half and she fell asleep.  I decided to close my eyes too since I was so tired!  ;-)

I took photos of you all this evening as you two were playing in bonus room.  You two and daddy really cleaned and organized the bonus room tonight.  I wonder how long it will stay that way.  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

Happy New Year!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment