Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simple Laughs


Dearest Angels~

Well little lady .... you were up and nursing at 4:40am this morning.  You had noodled into our bed last night.  So, I slept with you and daddy stayed with Joshua.  He appeared to sleep a little better last night.  I hope his congestion goes away soon!

Everyone was up early this morning.  Daddy had to be at work early, so you two woke up as he started to stir in the house.  The two of you were cleaned up and in the play room by 7:30 (clean diapers, teeth brushed, and clean outfits).  I ran your laundry this morning so we would have some fresh items for the week.

Joshua, you had your occupational and speech therapy appointments this morning.  You didn't have a fever, and you were playful, so I decided to take you (even though you had a runny nose and cough).  :-P

You did well little man.  Mary Beth was impressed with you since you did so well with the finger paints.  We've been practicing at home!  You still need to work on jumping and improving your leg strength.  You also did well with Kim.  You made some more sounds/noises.  Sometimes it even sounds like a word.  ;-)

We were home my 11am.  I cooked some veggies, pasta, and sausage and prepared it all for a casserole for dinner.  We only needed to bake it.  :-)  We were upstairs with clean diapers and nursing Grace by noon.

Afterward, we swept and vacuumed the downstairs and emptied/reloaded the dishwasher. As you two were playing, I was thinking to myself .... no matter how hectic our days are, there's always something that one, or both, of you two will do that will make me laugh! What a blessing!  Today, Joshua was walking around with a hat on his head smiling and laughing.  That simple act made me stop and laugh!  What a joy!

Joshua, you were napping by 2:30pm.  I read and nursed Grace. Little lady, you really fought nap time!  I even tried to rock you .... I almost rocked myself to sleep!

After nap time, we had art time and baked our casserole.  It was good!  I think it turned out better this time.  :-)  Daddy was home late again (around 7:30pm), so we were all fed by the time he got home.  I also gave Grace a quick bath after dinner.  Her eye is still red, so I'm hoping that will make her feel better.  Daddy picked up more medications in his way home this evening.  I hope we all feel better by this weekend .... if not sooner!

This evening we relaxed.  There was a late UNC basketball game on.  We recorded it.  We'll probably watch it on friday.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment