Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You Are My Sunshine


Dearest Miracles~

My oh my!  There was a strong thunder storm early this morning!  A loud clap of thunder woke me from a deep sleep!  I was surprised no one woke up crying!  There was heavy wind this morning and periods of intense rain fall.  The sun eventually came out later in the morning and early afternoon, but it remained chilly outside.

Joshua, you like to push Grace when she's sleeping in her swing.  :-)  When she's napping, you and I walk all around the house and you always stop at her swing and push it!  Sometimes, you get a little aggressive so I have to move you away.  But, for the most part, I let you push her little swing.  ;-)

Joshua, you helped me bake some potatoes this morning.  We put some spices on the skin after we scrubbed them and then baked them.  I'm trying to prepare some extra meals since daddy will be gone the next few evenings.  If I don't plan ahead, I'll likely have no time to cook with you two and then I'll get no dinner!  Tonight and tomorrow night daddy has work dinners.  And, he may have another one on thursday too.  So, we're not going to see much of him this week with his dinners this week and soccer yesterday. 

Joshua, you went from crawling to standing by yourself without pulling up on walls or furniture!  I saw you do it one time as we were walking around the upstairs!  And, we had just practiced that with Eliza!  I had to do a 'double take' and then I called daddy!  I'm so proud of you little man!  :-)

This afternoon we did lots of walking and exploring as Grace napped.  I let you wander all around so you don't feel too 'contained' in the house.  And, Joshua, you sure like to explore!

Joshua went down for a nap around 2pm.  So, Grace then went with me to check the mail.  ;-) You smiled, little lady, at me when we walked back in the house!  I think you liked going outside for that little adventure, even though it was chilly.  We noticed the pollen as we came back in though. Yuck!

I sang to you both today .... 'You Are My Sunshine' .... neither one of you complained, so either my singing has gotten better, or you all weren't paying that much attention.  ;-)  I had a stuffed animal elephant growing up that played that song for me.  I use to wind it up over and over to listen to it.  I wish I still had it.  Maybe I can find one for you all.  :-)

Grace, you fell asleep on me as Joshua napped.  I read for a little bit (we're now on Part II of '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea') and then I closed my eyes as Grace slept on my chest.  It was so sweet and  I wanted to enjoy the moment .... everything was so calm and peaceful!

You two helped me make a pizza for dinner for tonight and tomorrow.  Now, I have potatoes and pizza to heat up for quick lunch and dinner meals this week.  :-)

Daddy was able to come home for about an hour after work, so we were able to visit briefly before he left for his dinner.  He didn't come back home until around 9:30pm.  You two were sleeping.

This evening you two were better, but for some reason Joshua wants to be held in the evenings. This is by no means a bad thing, but it's hard when I'm nursing Grace and only have two hands.  :-P  I ended up nursing Grace while sitting on the floor next to Joshua, or else he would cry.  He eventually fell asleep next to me.  At one point, I held each of you .... one in each arm .... while sitting on the couch because you both would cry if not held!  :-P

Tomorrow's suppose to be a beautiful day.  Penny's coming over so maybe Joshua will head to the park.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Well, mommy, at least you know you are loved! :-D

    ReplyDelete