Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another Birthday


Dearest Precious Children~

Today is your Great-Grandfather's birthday!  We're going to see him this saturday to celebrate!  Also, we have Christmas gifts for them that we still haven't delivered.  ;-)  We called and left a message on their answering machine singing 'Happy Birthday' to him.

Joshua, you woke up earlier today.  Yesterday you weren't really up and moving until 9am!  And to think on tuesday we were all dressed and ready for the day and in the mall at 9:15am!  ;-)  This morning, I had already given you some cereal with whole milk, a sippy cup, changed two diapers, and changed your outfit before Penny got here.  ;-)

Penny took Joshua all around the house today.  We're going to keep practicing walking on the sidewalk and grass since he appears to be scared by himself.  He had to hang on to Penny the entire time, even though he knows how to walk.  Joshua also had a fun time playing in the sandbox this morning.  I sat out there in the screened porch watching while holding Grace.  She had gotten the hiccups and freaked out!  Little lady, every time you get the hiccups you start crying uncontrollably!  They really scare you!  Once I picked you up and walked with you, you settled down and they went away.  Then, you fell asleep in my arms as we played with Joshua.  

Joshua, you took an early and short nap!  You fell asleep a little before noon and Penny placed you in the crib.  Once she left, I rocked Grace for a little bit and then I heard you crying about 45 minutes later!  So, I brought you into the play room with us.  I thought you might go back to sleep since I rubbed your back and placed you on a pillow.  But, you got up and started to play with your toys.  :-)  For a brief moment in all that, both of you all were asleep so no one helped me check the mail today.  But it was beautiful out there so I'm glad Joshua was able to get out and walk all around.  Grace, you and I got out too, but we stayed on the deck until you got hungry.

Grace, you're doing well with your tummy time and getting stronger.  You're also eating all the time and I'm worried I won't be able to keep up with you and your hunger!  I might have to start supplementing you, which I don't want to do.  However, I don't want you to be hungry all the time.  I need to try you on a bottle soon anyway because you'll need to be able to eat from a bottle for Penny.  I don't have enough milk pumped since I haven't had time to pump for weeks, so I'll have to try you on a formula bottle.  This will also give me a chance to see if you have any reactions.  I looked back on these letters to see how old and big Joshua was before he had formula.  Joshua was 14 weeks and 2 days old and 8 lbs 4 ozs.  However, with his corrected age, he would have been 4 weeks and 2 days.  Grace, you're almost 7 weeks and you've got to be close to 9.5 lbs.  Perhaps 10 lbs?  I weighed myself today and then weighed myself again holding each of you two .... there was a 21 lb difference with Joshua and 10 lb difference with Grace .... though I don't know how accurate that is.  :-P  If accurate, then Grace is half Joshua's weight!  ;-)  Anyway, by the time I test you on a formula bottle (maybe this weekend?) Grace will be older and bigger than Joshua was.

We had bacon, eggs, and more potato casserole for dinner today.  Joshua, I was so proud of you.  You ate a lot of the eggs and potatoes off my plate!  I alternated the two on a spoon and you ate a good amount.  :-)

My intention was to go see Gigi bowl this evening since today is her last day her bowling league is playing for a while.   But, life had other plans.  :-P  Daddy didn't leave work until late and then got stuck in traffic.  Once we all had dinner and had time to breathe it was 7pm.  So, bowling had to wait for another evening. 

Instead, we all played in the bonus room after dinner.  Daddy did work on the computer, Grace sat in her swing and napped, and Joshua walked all around and I sang songs to him.  :-)

Tomorrow's friday!  Woo hoo!  We'll try to relax tomorrow since saturday will be busy.  It's going to be an adventure to get everyone ready, packed, and loaded to drive to Asheboro .... and then ready, packed, and loaded to drive back.  Grace, this will be your first long car trip.  :-)

Sleep tight everyone!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment