Sunday, April 17, 2011

Grass


Dearest Precious Children~

Today we tried to relax and enjoy the day since we were in a car a lot yesterday.  After we all had breakfast and got ready for the day, we made a quick trip to Target to pick up some things.  However, we didn't time our trip just right because Grace started to cry halfway to the store.  Daddy ended up taking Joshua into Target to pick up the supplies while I stayed in the car with Grace and nursed her.  She also had a poopy diaper, but, of course we didn't have anything since we thought we would run in and run out fast!  I should have known there's no such thing as a quick trip with you two!

You two had a lot of laundry build up, so we ran a load today.  Daddy also gave Joshua a nice bath.  :-)

Grace, I have some news for you .... you're officially too big for newborn clothes!  I tried to put you in a 'newborn' onesie and it wouldn't button because you were too long.  You're growing too fast little lady!  I couldn't believe it!  We have some outfits that have tags that say '0-3 months' which you can wear.  :-)

We all went to the park this afternoon.  Joshua, you had fun in the swing and watching all the other children.  We walked you around on the wood chips and the grass, but you wouldn't walk on them by yourself.  In fact, Joshua started to cry on the grass if we let go of him!  We walked some more on it and he eventually went to his knees and touched the grass.  I think you got less scared as you played with it, but you were still very hesitant.  But, you did walk on the sidewalk by yourself! 

This evening Grandpa Mike came over and we all went out for some burgers for dinner.  Joshua, you ate some of my burger and some french fries.  Grace, you got fussy during dinner and I had to pick you up and hold you, rock you, and walk with you.  

This brings me to another point little lady .... you don't soothe yourself very well.  I think you're trying to suck your thumb and fingers, but you haven't gotten the hang of it yet and get frustrated.  You won't take a pacifier, so the only thing that will calm you is if you suck on me like you're nursing.  We're going to have to work on that because you're getting into a habit of being fussy from 6pm to midnight unless I'm there for you.  I can hardly take a 5 minute shower without you crying and crying with daddy. 

Daddy and I had some ice cream back at the house after dinner.  Joshua, you had a few bites with us.  :-)  As we ate ice cream, we started to watch 'The Great Muppet Caper' on television.  We started to fall asleep, so we'll finish it tomorrow.

Joshua, you'll see Eliza tomorrow for physical therapy.  I think she'll be impressed with your standing, walking, and bending over to pick up toys.  You never know .... perhaps you'll be discharged?  We'll see!  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment