Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Everyone Crying



Dearest Precious Children~

Today was not the best of days .... we've all had better ones.  :-P  But, this adventure between the three of us is a learning process.

The day started out normal with breakfast.  I nursed Grace in bed before Joshua woke up.  Once she went back to sleep, I changed Joshua's diaper and took him downstairs for some oatmeal.  He ate about three and a half tablespoons and took a sippy cup.  

We played in the bonus room during the morning.  I let Joshua wander around to stretch his legs and we all looked out the window to see the neighbor's dog.  We had a brief rainstorm during the day, but for the most part it stayed pretty dry.  It was hot again and Joshua helped me check the mail.  

Since we need to be more diligent about Grace taking her bottles, I attempted one around 11am.  This was quite painful for everyone involved.  It was painful for poor little Grace since she's not use to bottles .... and it was painful for me due to the 'let downs' I was having with her crying.  My body wanted to naturally nurse her, and the more she cried the more painful it was.  :-P  It took a full hour of crying, walking, and rocking to get her to take 3 oz from a bottle.  I immediately pumped right after, so you have 5 more oz of milk in the freezer!  Joshua kept trying to play with the pump while I was using it, and to be honest, I was in no mode at this point from Grace's crying.  :-P

I then tried to give Joshua something for lunch.  He didn't eat much in the way of solid foods, but he took down an entire vanilla boost!  

After lunch, we played some more, but I didn't have long before I had to change and feed Grace again.  This time I nursed her thinking I could alternate feedings .... for everyone's sakes!  

Joshua went down for a nap as I nursed Grace.  I moved him onto a pillow with a little blanket once I knew Grace was fine.  I continued folding Grace for a while as she napped.  I read a little and then closed my eyes.  I was thinking of what to do for Gigi for Mother's Day.  I think I have an idea, so you two can help me out with that.  

Joshua was still napping when daddy got home.  We had some confusion when daddy got here because our neighbor drained their pond next door so the water was flowing onto our driveway and into the street.  Our other neighbor thought that we had a busted irrigation system, so we tried to find the busted piece not knowing it was the pond the whole time.  :-P  Long story short, daddy was able to turn the water off for the irrigation system anyway.  

We made a pizza for dinner and Joshua ate a LOT of it!  He almost ate an entire slice by himself!  I was feeding Joshua as daddy tried to give Grace her next bottle.  This bottle was disastrous!  Grace kept crying and crying and gagging on the bottle.  Then, I tried with the same result.  I was getting frustrated since she took 3 oz earlier.  Finally, after working herself up so much (at this point it had been at least an hour), poor little Grace threw up.  This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me .... my patience snapped and I had to walk away for my own sanity.  I took Grace upstairs, changed her outfit, and then just nursed her in the play room.

I don't know how to resolve this issue any time soon.  I've tried four different bottles and three different nipples (with different sizes and shapes).  I guess we just have to keep practicing, but it's just so painful for everyone.  In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to go back to work and this wouldn't be an issue.  But, with work around the corner, you'll need to be able to eat for Penny.  :-P

Daddy ended up going to his soccer game.  I called your Gigi and spoke to her about what to do.  Once I finished the phone call, I took Joshua into the nursery to change his diaper, put him in his pajamas, and to brush his teeth.  I then came back into the play room and Grace threw up again!  Ugh!

I gave Grace a sponge bath on the changing table, and placed Joshua in the crib next to me so I could see him.  This started a long crying session for Joshua.  He cried the entire time I gave Grace a bath and put her in a new outfit.  I then put Grace down to get something to drink.  She then started crying as well.

I walked into the bedroom and brushed my teeth.  The entire time I could hear both of you two crying and crying.  I was so tired at this point and defeated that I started crying.  It wasn't until 10pm that daddy was home, showered, and helping me to get you two in bed.  Joshua fell asleep around 11pm.  Needless to say, I did not even get a shower today.

I have to apologize to you two for my behavior.  I was so frustrated, tired, and worn out by the end of today with the bottles and constant crying.  There's really only so much one can take and listen to.  I'm sure there will be many more frustrating days in the future, but we'll get through them.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment