Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Lot Done


Dearest Little Angels~

We got a lot of chores done today while Penny was here helping!  First off, Joshua .... you ate more for breakfast this morning!  You almost finished your bowl of oatmeal with whole milk and you completely finished your sippy cup!  Woo hoo!

I was nursing Grace when Penny walked in.  Oh, Grace, almost forgot .... you slept pretty well this morning.  I believe it was close to 5 hours!  

It rained a little this morning so it was cooler outside.  Joshua, you still got to walk around though once the sun came out.  You and Penny got to see Buddha and go to the park.  Later in the day, you walked with me to the mailbox.  :-)  I finished more 'thank you' cards today so you helped me deliver them!  :-)

I got a lot of chores done this morning.  I did three loads of laundry, swept and vacuumed the master bedroom, changed out my night stand for an end table downstairs (I wanted something with more space for the pictures I have of you two), and I organized and dusted some of the books and shelves in the play room.  Oh, I also moved a rolling cart into the nursery so I can organize Grace's clothes better.  I still need to see what she still fits into though.  ;-)

We all spend some time on the screened porch.  We had fun watching Joshua dance around .... kick the soccer ball ... and play in the sand box.  Grace napped.  ;-)  Penny brought over an Easter card for us and a little basket with eggs in it!  The eggs had gold fish crackers for Joshua!  

I had to rock Joshua to get him to go down for his afternoon nap.  Then, I held him for a while as Grace napped too.  :-)  I didn't have long to hold him though since Grace got hungry.  But, I enjoyed holding him and rocking him as long as I could!

Joshua, you must have heard that the pediatrician wants you to eat more .... you actually ate a lot today.  You didn't eat a variety, but you at least ate!  For breakfast, you had three tablespoons of cereal and a sippy cup.  For lunch, you had some pasta and a sippy cup.  And, for dinner, you had six tablespoons of cereal, part of a pancake, and a sippy cup!  Good job little man!

Joshua took a longer nap this afternoon.  So, I folded all the laundry then and played with Grace.  You're getting stronger with your tummy times, though you still favor the right.  If I put your head to the left, you can easily lift your head up and move to the right.  If your head is to the right, you tend to keep it there instead of going to the left.  So, I've been trying the neck exercises that I had to do with Joshua.  You fuss, but we need to get it done.

Daddy got home late again .... he's been covering for another person at the office this week so he's been busy.  We got to relax in the play room this evening.

Grace, I gave you another bottle this evening.  It was a small 2 oz bottle.  After much fussing, you finally took it!  We're just going to have to keep practicing.  This was only your third bottle.  Each time we have to go slow because you gag on the bottle. 

I put Grace in a cute outfit this evening .... it says 'Mommy's Sunshine' like the song that we sing together!  It's a 'newborn' outfit so it was a little short, but you've never worn it yet so I wanted to put it on you for fun!  ;-)

Tomorrow is Good Friday and the Wilmington folks are going into town.  Your (Great) Aunt Beth wants to do an Easter egg hunt, so I'm sure we'll get together with them.  Joshua, do you remember getting Easter eggs last year?  It may rain, so we'll see how the weather holds out.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment