Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cake And Ice Cream


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Today we slept in a little bit before getting ready for the day.  Joshua got to watch some cartoons with daddy as I nursed Grace.  Grace then napped as we all took showers and played with Joshua.  

Grace, you kept us on our toes this morning!  You had a poopy diaper that went everywhere!  I guess I didn't realize that you weren't done when I went to change you.  Because of that, more poop went on the changing table and your clothes.  :-P  Once you were clean, I nursed you and you were fine.  Then, at your next diaper change, you sneezed and pooped at the same time!  This poop shot out like a rocket and got on the walls, changing table, clothes, floor .... you name it.  Daddy had to come in and help me wipe and clean everything!  My oh my little lady!  I'd be surprised if there was anything left in there!  ;-)

Once everyone was changed and cleaned, we headed over to lunch for Mimi's birthday.  We met them at a restaurant right down the road from our house.  Uncle Brennan, Aunt Katie, (Great) Aunt Allyson, Mimi, and Grandpa Mike were all there.  We gave Mimi her birthday gift (a Pandora charm for her bracelet). 

After lunch, everyone came back to our house for cake and ice cream.  I ended up nursing Grace and Joshua went down for a nap next to me in the bed, so I ate a little ice cream later after everyone was gone.  It was good.  :-)

People left around 3pm .... Joshua was asleep next to me and Grace was asleep on top of me!  Daddy went out and mowed the lawn.  It was a beautiful day so it was a good time to do yard work.  I've noticed the pollen more and had to take an allergy pill the other day since I couldn't stop sneezing though.  :-P  It didn't take him long to mow the lawn, so after he took a shower he read in bed next to all of us.  :-)

We finished our book today.  We did manage to escape the Nautilus and are no longer captives of Captain Nemo.  We'll need to figure out what to read next.  :-)

We finished the pasta and meat sauce from our friends at church for dinner.  Joshua, you ate some pasta with us and then played downstairs.  We let you play for a while as Grace napped.  Daddy and I got on the floor with you and you ended up crawling around and on top of us!  We tickled you and you laughed your precious little giggles.  :-)

Grace, I gave you a nice bath this evening.  You still have your umbilical cord stump (when will you loose that?) so it was a sponge bath.  But, you needed it!  Your hair got so fluffy afterward!  Joshua's hair would do that too when he was a baby!  It's so cute!  :-)

We relaxed in the bonus room once the sun was down.  Tomorrow is suppose to be nice, but hot.  So, we'll see what the day has in store for us.  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy