Monday, April 4, 2011

Growing Up


Dearest Angels~

Grace, you did it again .... I put you down at midnight and you didn't wake up until 5am!  Woo hoo!  Perhaps this will become a new trend.  :-)  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Joshua, you did pretty well too.  You slept in your crib from 10pm last night to 4am this morning!  I don't know if you've ever gone 6 hours in your crib by yourself like that!  Good job man!

Joshua, you and I played and walked all around as Grace napped this morning.  Watched the sewage trucks outside and listened to all the commotion.  They're still pretty loud out there.  We've been calling the workers 'doozers' from Fraggle Rock.  ;-)  Every time they start up all the machines, we say that the doozers are out there working!  They're pretty punctual .... they start at 7am each morning .... which doesn't really effect us since one of you all are always awake at that time.  :-)

Joshua, you almost ate an entire yogurt container at your 10am snack time.  You ended up finishing it for dinner and eating a lot of sweet potatoes.   

What a beautiful day it was!  I tried to open the windows, but it actually was too hot out!  I ended up having to turn the air conditioner on to cool off the downstairs! 

Joshua, I don't know what you've been eating .... but you had four huge poopy diapers today!  Three of which were before 11:30am!  And, your diapers are quite stinky!  I'm going to have to empty out your diaper container in the next day so the smell doesn't linger.  Oh, and Grace, don't think you got off the hook .... I couldn't tell you how many poopy diapers you had today!  ;-)

We updated our fridge calendar now that it's April.  We have a few appointments later in the month.  I have my last follow up OB appointment, Joshua has his 18 month pediatric appointment, and Grace has her 2 month pediatric appointment.  We still have some time before all that occurs though.

Speaking of appointments .... Joshua had his physical therapy appointment today with Eliza!  She was impressed by his walking and standing!  We worked more on going down stairs, getting into standing from a crawling position, and bending over to pick up toys and stand back up again.  We're almost done with therapy at this point.  Once you can master these last few challenges, Eliza said she would discharge you.  We may or may not have therapy in two weeks.  If you're progressing, she may let you go for a month and then come back to see you and discharge you.  If you haven't made too much progress then she'll come back in two weeks.  She's going to call me before then to see how you're doing.  You had good neck rotations to the left as well.  You're still lacking that last 10 degrees, but it's not enough to hinder you from future activities that would involve you looking over your shoulder (driving, cycling, etc).

Little man, you're growing up so fast!  You've been in physical therapy for a year and now you're almost done!  I was looking back on photos from a year ago and you could barely even lift your head up!  Now look at you .... walking all around!  I can't believe how far you've come!

And, little missy .... you're growing up too fast as well!  Grace, today you officially used your last 'newborn' size diaper and you're now wearing 'size 1' diapers!  I saved one newborn to keep.  :-P  I was really sad changing your last newborn diaper.  You're growing up way too fast and I wasn't expecting that.  Joshua was about 4.5 months old before he was in size 1 diapers!  ;-)

Daddy had a soccer game this evening, so you all got to see Uncle Brennan before they had to leave.  We only got to see daddy for about an hour and a half today since he didn't get home until 6pm and you all were sleeping after the game.  They won, but the game ended with a penalty kick.

Now, I have to admit .... some times you two are quite challenging .... this evening was one of those times.  At 9pm I thought I was going to loose my mind.  Both of you all would not stop crying and I was by myself.  This wasn't the first time I was by myself with you all crying, but it gets frustrating.  By 10pm you all were calm, but I had to endure one solid hour of crying and not knowing what was wrong.  This would make anyone go insane.  :-P   Plus, I was tired and hungry.  

Joshua, you were so incredibly tired!  Your eyes were glossed over and you couldn't keep them open, yet you kept crying and crying and fighting sleep.  I offered you food and something to drink and you won't take anything.  I rocked you and you finally calmed down, but I had to put Grace down in order to do so which started a whole new string of crying!  And, Grace ended up spitting up since she was crying so much!  :-P  Once Joshua was calm, I placed him down on a pillow to rest and I picked Grace back up.  Immediately, Joshua got back up again and started to cry.  This round and round action persisted for an hour until finally Joshua fell asleep next to me on the couch and Grace fell asleep while nursing.  This was when daddy got home from the game.  :-P

Needless the say, we then all went straight to bed!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment