Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Better Day


Dearest Miracles~

Today was a much better day than yesterday, though to be honest, it couldn't really have been worse.  :-P 

Joshua, you are getting a lot faster when you walk!  Some times I almost think you're about to run!  Grace, you're able to wear some outfits that say '3 months' on the tag!  You two are growing up too fast!

Today was another warmer day.  And, it was cloudy and rainy.  Joshua helped me check the mail, but we didn't see the neighbor's dog out.  

We played in the bonus room in the morning.  By mid-morning, I pumped in preparation to giving Grace a bottle.  I learned yesterday that it was painful to pump afterward, though you can't always time it correctly.  I ran into these problems with Joshua.  I pumped all the time for him and would get stuck pumping at weird times of the day, both before and after giving a bottle.

Grace, you did ok with our bottle adventure.  I tried you on a different bottle than yesterday.  It still took lots of crying and time in order for you to latch on.  However, once you latched on, you played with it for a while just to soothe yourself.  Therefore, you didn't drink much and you kept falling asleep!  I had to keep waking you up so you would drink something.  After almost 2 hours, you had drank 3 oz!  During that 2 hour time span, I also had to feed Joshua, eat something myself, and change your diaper!  It was a busy 2 hours and got frustrating when I would put you down (since you would fall asleep) and then you would wake back up hungry just as I would be eating or trying to feed Joshua.  After that feeding, I ended up nursing you for your next meal.  :-P

Joshua and I then played together as Grace napped.  We rocked and sang songs together.  Joshua, you really fought a nap today, and I almost thought you just wouldn't take one at all!  You finally fell asleep at 4pm and took a one hour nap.  :-P  Grace woke up during that time and Gigi came over for the next bottle round.

Gigi was much more successful with the bottle than I was.  I'm guessing you're associating me with nursing, but there's no one else here during the day to try to give you a bottle.  :-P  You didn't fuss with Gigi and took the entire bottle (close to 4 oz), though you did fall asleep again during the middle of it.  I think it probably took you about an hour to actually finish the bottle.  That was encouraging.  I guess we'll keep trying.  I contacted my work to see if it was possible to take more time off.  I'm scheduled to go back next week (which would be 9 weeks off) and I believe I can take up to 12 weeks if needed.  So, we'll see what they say.  That would be great if I can squeeze in 3 more weeks with you both!!  And, that would give us more time to work with Grace.  ;-)

Daddy made some breakfast foods for dinner.  Joshua, you had a lot of pizza again and some oatmeal (which you poo-poo'ed at breakfast and lunch!)  I guess we found something that you like .... pizza!

Joshua, I gave you a much needed bath tonight and daddy clipped your nails.  Grace, you're next .... your nails are sharp again!  ;-)

We all played in the bonus room this evening, but still had trouble getting Joshua to bed at a reasonable hour.  Also, you're still waking up at around 2am from your crib.  Oh, and Grace, you've gone back to adding 3am to your feeding schedule.  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment