Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pancakes And Park


Dearest Miracles~

Grace, guess what .... you went to bed at 11pm last night and you didn't wake up until 4am!  Woo hoo!  Those extra hours of sleep were appreciated!  Thank you!  Is this going to be a new habit, or was it just for the one time?  ;-)

Daddy made pancakes this morning for breakfast!  Grace, you and I were on your second feeding of the day when daddy was cooking.  Joshua, you went downstairs to help daddy cook.  

After we all had our breakfast, daddy and I did a lot of chores as you two played.  I vacuumed the stairs as daddy cleaned the kitchen.  We also ran some laundry and did more 'thank you' cards for people .... yes, we're still getting gifts for Grace!  We're blessed with such wonderful family and friends!  :-)  We also put things away and tried to organize some. 

Mimi and Grandpa Mike came over around 11am.  They left at noon with Joshua to run some errands and to get him out if house a little.  Some fresh air has been helping us all feel better.  Daddy and I opened the windows upstairs since it was such a beautiful day.  I nursed Grace as daddy read. 

Joshua, you were back home by 2pm.  You played for a while and then you went down for a nap.  Daddy made us an early dinner of steaks, couscous, and veggies.  Yummy!  Since we ate early, we still had plenty of daylight to work with.  So, we all walked up to the park and pushed Joshua in the swing. Grace, you napped in the stroller, but got fussy after about 30 minutes.  So, we went back home and got everyone situated for the evening.  We spend the rest of the night playing in the bonus room until bed time.  :-)

Oh, almost forgot .... I picked up the mandolin (it's been several weeks!) and noodled around on it a little as Joshua was walking around the bonus room.  Grace, this was your first time hearing me on the mandolin.  ;-)  I know, I need a lot of work, but you didn't seem to mind.  :-)  I was playing the electric one that daddy got for my birthday.  It wasn't plugged it, so I walked around with it as I followed Joshua.

Tomorrow Joshua gets to see Eliza for physical therapy.  I'm sure she'll be impressed with all your walking little man!  Other than that, we'll probably get to relax the rest of the day.     :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment