Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bubble Machine


Dearest Precious Children~ 

Ok, so I was a little tired today .... I  was awake every hour beginning at 4am.  I was so tired when Joshua woke up at 7am that I could barely move.  :-P  But, like all other mommies out there, I managed to get up and Joshua had helped me empty the dishwasher and load the washing machine before Penny got here.  

Penny sang and read to Joshua.  You two played with different textures again with the dry beans and rice.  You also drew a picture and held the marker by yourself!  Good job little man!  Perhaps you'll be an artist like daddy!  Your daddy can draw exceptionally well!  His art work is hanging all around the house!  :-)

Oh, we figured out that the neighbors are building a pond in their backyard.  One of the windows in the play room looks out over their yard and we were wondering why the dad was digging a ditch the other day.  :-P  They worked on it a lot and by this evening they had water in it.  :-)  This is the window that Joshua likes to stand in front of to see their dog.  If he sees the dog up close though, he gets scared .... I do too .... it's a great dane!  :-P

The doozers were back at it again working.  So, we got to listen to the trucks and see them digging around.  I hope they finish soon, though I have a feeling this is going to be a long project.  

Joshua, you and Penny tried to go to the park .... it was beautiful out, but just too cold when you all stepped out because of the wind.  So, you all played on the back deck and the screened porch areas.  Penny brought over a bubble machine!  It shoots out bubbles like a gun and Joshua tried to grab them!  It was so cute!  :-)  She left it here, so maybe we can walk to the park again this weekend with daddy and have Joshua chase the bubbles!  :-)  Oh, and Penny said she liked Joshua's hair cut!  ;-)

Joshua, you ate well for Penny and I today!  For lunch, you ate a gerber meal of pasta in meat sauce with green beans.  And, you had some yogurt.  For dinner, I cut up some pizza from yesterday and you ate a lot for me!  You also finished your yogurt, though some ended up in your hair!  ;-) 

Daddy brought home some things for us from the conference he went to.  He brought us a cookie (though daddy and I ate it), shirts, key chains, lunch box, and other items.  Daddy got home around 8:30pm tonight.  Joshua, you were very sweet tonight.  Grace started napping after I nursed her so I put her in her swing.  Then, I rocked with Joshua and sat together curled up for a while.  You yawned a bit, but didn't go to sleep.  It was relaxing to sit and rock with you though!  I hugged you and told you that I love you!

Grace, I rocked and walked with you a lot today .... and, of course, told you that I love you as well!  I noticed that you're getting too long for newborn clothes now.  :-P  My oh my you're getting too big too fast!  I'll have to put you in something bigger soon.  Some outfits have tags that say '0-3 months' and those are a little big.  But, the 'newborn' ones are getting too short.  ;-)

Joshua, you stood up again today all by yourself!  We'll have to keep practicing so that you do it more than just once a day.  

I sang to you all today our 'Sunshine' song .... but I paid closer attention to the words.  The song goes:

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away!

The line that stopped me was 'You'll never know, dear, how much I love you' because I think that's true for us.  You don't realize this until you're a parent yourself .... this unconditional love for your children that they don't understand or can comprehend.  I'm sure this is how God feels about us .... His children!  He loves each and everyone of us unconditionally, though we don't deserve it.  You two will probably not realize how much daddy and I love you all until you're holding a small child of your own!  Daddy and I love you two more than words can describe!  :-)

Sleep tight little blessings from God!

I love you forever and ever!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment