Friday, April 15, 2011

Taxes Done


Dearest Little Gifts~

Today we were a little sluggish in getting ready for the day.  My original intention was to get out the door and go to the store this morning and stop by to see Grandpa Jim.  I needed to put the taxes in the mail today and had a question for him.  I called him on the phone and ended up getting the taxes in the mail before the mailman came.  We never got our act together to go to the store though.  By the time I had finished feeding Joshua breakfast and changed his outfit, Grace was hungry again.  So, I fed her and then didn't have a lot of time before lunch.  So, I decided to stay here with you all and just relax.  The things on our list weren't imperative, and daddy said he wouldn't mind going to the store too. 

I let Joshua walk all around the upstairs and downstairs today.  He's pulling himself up more to stand, but his preferred method is still to pull up on furniture or walls.  Today was a pretty day, so Joshua walked with me to the mailbox a few times.  I did some more 'thank you' cards and put those in the mail with the taxes.
Grace, we did more tummy time today.  You're getting stronger everyday!  You can lift and clear your head from right to left and then back again.  But, daddy and I noticed that you tend to favor the right side, which is what Joshua did when younger.  That worries me a little since he developed the mild torticollis and needed the helmet due to the flat spot.  So, I've been trying to move your head in each direction every time you fall asleep.  You get mad at me, but it's for your own good.  ;-)

Joshua, this afternoon, once I nursed Grace and put her down, I noticed you rubbing your eyes.  I picked you up and rocked with you.  You ended up falling asleep on me (after fighting sleep for a little bit).  I held you for a while and just enjoyed the moment since I don't always get to hold you like that.  I'm usually rocking or feeding Grace as you play.  It was so nice to hold you as you slept.  While you were snoring, I asked you if you remembered falling asleep on me just weeks prior when I was pregnant with Grace .... you would fall asleep and she would kick you!  ;-)

After rocking you in the chair, I sat down on the couch with you.  You continued sleeping as I read.  After a while, I closed my eyes too and got to rest until I put you down on a pillow to go feed Grace.  Joshua ended up waking up once I put him down.  But, he continued playing as I nursed Grace.

We made chicken for dinner.  We still had some potatoes left and we finished those tonight as well.  Joshua, you ate more potatoes for us, so I'll have to make more later since I know you like them!  :-)

Everyone played and relaxed in the bonus room this evening.  I prepacked the diaper bags a little today to prepare for our trip tomorrow.  Grandpa Jim, Gigi, and Uncle James are coming over in the morning.  Then, we're all heading to Asheboro to see your Great Grandparents!  Everyone's excited to see you both, and I'm sure you two are excited to go on a road trip and see them.  ;-) 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment