Friday, April 8, 2011

Pasta And Muffins


Dearest Precious Children~

Well, Joshua noodled into out bed last night so no 7am in the crib today.  :-P  Maybe you'll sleep better tonight.  :-)

Everyone was up early again this morning.  So, we were active walking Joshua all around the house.  He helped me do the dishes and some laundry as he wandered around.  Grace napped in her swing.  Grace, you like to be held and you like when people walk with you.  Whenever I don't have a free hand, I put you in the swing to see if it'll calm you.  That's generally when I take Joshua all around the house to stretch his legs.  When I'm nursing Grace, Joshua then goes in his play area with us (I sit in there too with Grace) so that I can still keep an eye on everyone.  :-P

We had some good meals today .... Joshua, you ate almost 5 tablespoons of oatmeal mixed with whole milk at lunch!  Sometimes I don't understand you little man .... we cook real food for you and you poo-poo it .... I mix oatmeal flakes with whole milk and you gobble it!  Plus, you ate a whole yogurt and downed a sippy cup at lunch!  ;-)

We all got to watch the doozers work today!  They're further up on the greenway, so it wasn't as loud.  Oh, at one point in the day, I had the bonus room door shut so Joshua could wander all around.  He kept chasing the cat around and around!  Punker wanted to get out because he kept going to the door, but then Joshua would chase him.  It was quite funny!  ;-)

Joshua helped me check the mail. Nothing good but the day is beautiful so we opened the windows again. :-)  If I could figure out a way to carry you both (and if we weren't expecting company today) I would take you both to the park.  Maybe I could use the infant carrier for Grace and stroller for Joshua.  It's all about the timing though .... making sure everyone is changed, dry, and fed .... and with only two hands it can be challenging!  

I've been quite proud of myself on my lunches this week. I've been relativity healthy with a baked potato 3 times and an egg today. Except last night's dinner (remember daddy brought me home a dinner) I've been pretty good this week with meals.  ;-) 

We had a meal dropped off this afternoon from a family at church ..... a mom and two daughters came.  Joshua was napping, but they all got to see Grace!   They made pasta sauce and muffins. They brought a box of uncoiled pasta to go with it.  It was good!  And, Joshua ate a lot of the pasta and half a muffin!  :-)  Oh, and one of the daughters drew a picture of a horse for us .... and the daughter's name is also Grace!

While you two were napping, I read a little.  I didn't nap since I needed to feed Grace after a while.  We have less than 150 pages left. Will Captain Nemo let us off his Nautilus or will we be captives forever?  Dun dun dun!  Joshua still wanders away whenever I read portions out loud .... maybe it's because there's no pictures.  ;-)

Daddy got home early from work today .... just after 5pm!  Yippie!  What a good way to start our weekend!  Joshua walked around the house for daddy and daddy played a little guitar for you two before I took a shower.  

Joshua, you took a longer afternoon nap today .... maybe because you had a bigger lunch?  You woke up briefly and cried at one point.  Once you saw me, you went back down and I rubbed your back.  You continued sleeping after that.  You don't have to worry little man, no one's leaving you.  I was right there the whole time you were napping.  We were all in the bonus room and you were napping on a blanket and pillow.  :-)

Tomorrow Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James are coming over to visit.  Before they come, we're going to make a quick trip to the store though .... we're dangerously close to running out of wipes for you two!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment