Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Haircut


Dearest Blessings~

Today was a beautiful day!  We were able to open the windows and air out the house after all this sickness!  Woo hoo!  Everyone felt better today, so I believe the worst is over!  :-)

We had some time to play in the morning before we had to get ready for the day.  Our appointment was at 10:15am .... Joshua, this was your very first haircut!  We went to see Pam .... she was the one who did my hair for our wedding and has been cutting daddy's hair for years.  I haven't had my hair cut in forever .... probably not since Joshua's been born!  So, I got my hair cut too!  

Pam did Joshua's hair first.  She put you on a booster seat and you immediately asked, 'What dat?' and pointed.  ;-)  You did relatively well .... daddy and I had to hold your arms down at times.  You calmed down when daddy held a mirror in front of you.  You liked pointing and looking in the mirror.  ;-)  Little man, I brought a zip lock bag with me and kept the hair from your first cut.  You look so handsome with your new trim!  After you were done, Pam quickly cut my hair.  I almost had enough hair to donate!  She took about 7 inches off!  It feels a lot better now and lighter.  :-)  Daddy held Grace as I was getting my hair cut.  Pam thought Grace was so cute and loved her hair.  :-)

We stopped and quickly got stamps on the way home.  Then, we ate lunch together and went right back out again.  We ran into Aunt Katie at a store .... Lily Mae's .... we were there looking for a birthday gift for your Mimi.  Her birthday is next weekend.  Aunt Katie went back to the house with us afterward and watched Joshua as daddy, Grace, and I made a quick trip to Target for groceries.  We kept Grace with us in case she got hungry.  :-P

Joshua, you were napping once we got home so daddy placed you in the crib.  We visited with Aunt Katie for a while before she had to leave.  Joshua, you woke up from the crib but then fell asleep on daddy on the couch.  Grace, you fell asleep after I nursed you.  I went into the bedroom and read a little, then, I took a nap too!  We all woke up about an hour later!  

This evening we played upstairs in the bonus room after a salisbury steak dinner.  :-)  Joshua, you eventually fell asleep next to daddy, and Grace, you eventually fell asleep after I nursed you.  

Tomorrow's going to be a beautiful day as well.  :-)  Maybe we all can get out again!  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment