Thursday, April 28, 2011

Power Outage


Dearest Little Blessings~

Ok, so here's the low down on your sleeping .... Joshua, you slept until 2am in your crib and Grace, you made it to 3am to eat.  :-P  Lets try not to be awake every hour for now on, ok?  ;-)

Joshua, you had an ok breakfast.  You ate some oatmeal and then took down a sippy cup.  You didn't want a lot for lunch, but you ate some spaghetti for dinner that I made.  

Grace, you did a little better with your practice bottles today.  I gave you one this afternoon and you took about 3 oz.  Daddy gave you one in the evening and you took about 4 oz.  We're still trying to figure out how much you eat because half the time you're wearing yourself out from crying.  :-P  We both tried a different bottle to see if it would make a difference.  You took both bottles relatively well .... you cried with both but still took both bottles just shy of an hour.  

Daddy had a power outage at work, so he got to work from home for the afternoon.  :-)  We had some heavy storms south east of here during the day, but the power outage wasn't related.  Also, Virginia recently got some tornadoes up near (Great) Aunt Pops.  Thankfully, she's ok, but she lost power and there were fatalities.  This weather had been crazy.  It was really windy all day today.  

I cut Grace's nails today and Joshua helped me with some chores.  We swept the kitchen floor, did you all's laundry, and checked the mail.  

I got to play with Grace as Joshua napped.  You are so cute and you cooed for me!  You're getting better with your tummy time and I can tell your neck muscles are getting stronger!  You still favor the right, but we're working on that each day.  Joshua and I sang songs to you to encourage you to go to your left.  :-)

Oh my goodness .... Grace, you had the biggest poopy diaper I have ever seen!  It could have gone in the record books!  ;-)  Joshua did not help me with that chore!  :-P

But, here's my really good news of the day .... I was able to take more maternity leave from work!  I explained to them that Grace is still struggling to take bottles so they canceled patients next week so we can continue to work with her.  Yippie!  I get to spend more time with you all!  They were really understanding at work, and since I have more weeks to take, it wasn't an issue for me to delay my return.  Nothing compares to being with you two!  :-)

We played in the bonus room this evening.  Daddy read to us in bed, though Joshua is really fighting bedtime now.  He finally went down at 11pm!  Grace, you didn't do much better .... you were up crying as well and daddy and I were so exhausted.  Hopefully we can catch up on some much needed sleep this weekend.  :-P

Grace, tomorrow is your two month pediatric appointment.  I'm interested in what you weigh now.  Also, we need the MD to take a look at your umbilical cord stump.  It should have fallen off by now so I hope everything's ok.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment