Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunrise


Dearest Precious Gifts~

Happy Easter!!  The Lord has risen indeed!  :-)  

At Easter, we celebrate God’s ultimate gift of Grace .... sending His son to redeem a hurt and fractured world. No life is too far gone for God’s restoration.  In fact, it’s in the messiest of situations when God often does His best work!  

Grace, did I ever tell you what your name meant?  Grace means 'favor' or 'blessing' but I like to think of it as God's Riches At Christ's Expense!  Your middle name, Elizabeth, means 'God' promise' or 'God is my oath.'  She was the mother of John the Baptist in the Bible.  My middle name, and Gigi's middle name, is Grace.  Daddy actually thought of 'Grace Elizabeth' and I loved the meaning.  ;-)

We had two Easter miracles occur this morning .... Grace slept for 6 hours and Joshua slept in his crib past 8am this morning!  Woo hoo!  Plus, when he woke up, he didn't cry.  He played with Scout.  I don't think he cried because he saw daddy walking around though.  But, in any event, it was wonderful to see Joshua sleeping in there for so long!

Grace, I nursed you at 5am.  Then, I held you for a little bit.  Once I knew you were ok (wouldn't get the hiccups and would stay sleeping) I placed you back in the bassinet and went to pump.  I got to see an Easter sunrise!  Also, I've been able to pump once a day for the past 3 days.  I think I may have enough for one day's worth of milk in the freezer for you!  ;-)

We went to church this morning and even had 10 minutes to spare in getting there!  We met Grandpa Jim there and everyone loved seeing you two!  This was the first time we've made it to church since Grace was born!  Grace, you got to meet Fr. Gibson .... he baptized daddy and Joshua and married us!  He'll baptize you as well one day!  :-)

After church, we ate lunch with Gigi and Uncle James.  They came over and brought a little Easter basket over for you all.  Gigi brought over a different bottle for us to try for Grace.  Joshua got some cookies and Grace got an outfit with hearts on it.  :-)



Gigi helped me try to give Grace a bottle this afternoon.  You cried and cried little lady.  And, you kept falling asleep and wearing yourself out.  But, then you'd wake back up crying again because you'd be hungry.  :-P  Finally, Gigi was successful in giving you two little bottles each two ozs.  One was 2 oz of formula and one was 2 oz of mommy milk.  We wanted to see if you didn't like the liquid, or just didn't like the bottles .... you don't like bottles!  



As we were finishing the bottles, Grandpa Jim came over.  He had gone to Asheboro to see your Great Grandparents.  They had a grill they weren't using too much and Grandpa Jim brought it over for us!  Wasn't that nice!  So, we now have a nice grill on our back deck!  We'll have to get some meat and try it out soon.  I can't wait!  ;-)

Joshua, I made a potato casserole again for dinner.  You ate a good amount with daddy and I.  Afterward, we watched more of our Narnia movie.  We didn't finish it though because we tried to give Grace another bottle this evening.  It took a while, but she finally took 2 oz from daddy, but only if he walked at the same time.  She cried and cried for me when I tried sitting down. 

Tomorrow, daddy doesn't have a soccer game, so we'll be able to spend the evening together as a family!  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment