Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sandbox


Dearest Blessings~

Well Joshua, you slept in your crib until the wee hour of 3am!  :-P  Then, daddy had to take you out of there and you noodled into our bed.  You then woke back up at 7am, crawled around, and then fell back asleep!  You didn't get back up until 9am!  I nursed Grace right next to you in the bed .... put her down .... ate breakfast .... got dressed .... you were still sleeping!  Finally, when you woke up, I changed your diaper and outfit just in time for Penny to have breakfast with you!  You ate a whole bowl of oatmeal with whole milk for her.  Good job little man!

After you finished breakfast, I helped Penny with a new project .... she brought some play sand over (you can buy big bags and she bought 2 fifty pound bags though we only used one) and we poured it in a storage tupperware.  We placed it on some crates and you kids now have a sandbox!  Of course Joshua is the only one using it now, but Grace will be able when she's bigger.  ;-)  Joshua had fun in the sand and even got some in his hair!  Ha!  :-)

While Joshua played, I nursed Grace.  Then, all four of us were able to go to the park together!  I pushed Joshua in the swing as Penny rocked Grace in the shade.  She got fussy in the stroller and needed a diaper change.  Of course we didn't bring anything since we live a block away, but another mom there also had a newborn and gave us a diaper!  :-P  So, Penny changed Grace as Joshua continued to swing.  This mom also had two older kids.  She had a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a month old.  Joshua liked watching the two older girls run around.  

I took Joshua onto the grass to walk around and he would not walk by himself!  I never realized that he always held daddy's hand at the park.  When I let him go, he cried and would not walk by himself on the grass or sidewalk!  He just stood there and cried!  Penny and I got him to take a few steps, but that's something we definitely need to work on!  I wonder why you'll walk all around the house, deck, and porch .... but not the sidewalk or grass.  

Joshua, you also fought your afternoon nap.  I rocked you after Penny left and you finally fell asleep on me.  I held you for about 30 minutes enjoying the moment, but then Grace started to stir.  So, I placed Joshua on a pillow to sleep with a blanket and then nursed Grace.  Grace stayed awake as Joshua napped, so I took a little video of her sitting on my lap (with me propping her up).  I forgot to tell you that you make little baby 'coo' noises some times!  It's so cute!  Joshua use to do that as well.  ;-)

We finished our book 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde' and are now reading 'Gulliver's Travels.'  We just started, but it's good so far.  :-)

I made a potato casserole for dinner this afternoon.  Remember we picked up some potatoes yesterday because we had moldy ones the other day?  Daddy cooked steaks when we got home to go with it.  Joshua, you ate a lot of the potatoes with us!  Yippie!  There's plenty left over, so we'll see if you eat any tomorrow.  :-)

This evening we finally got to relax and spend time together as a little family.  No one had any meetings, games, or dinners!  I know daddy has missed spending time with you all in the evenings, so he got to catch up with everyone this evening.  We told him all about our day at the park and the sandbox.  :-)

Tomorrow's suppose to be another beautiful day!  I wish we didn't have any pollen though .... makes it hard to breathe!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment