Monday, April 11, 2011

Six Weeks


Dearest Gifts~

Grace, happy six weeks little lady!  You're getting old!  ;-)

Joshua, you made it in your crib until 2:30am this morning.  Lets try to do better next time, ok?  With you waking up at 2:30am, and Grace waking up at 3am to eat, it made for a tiring start to the day!  :-P  I woke up with a big headache .... my head was actually pounding.  Daddy gave me a tylenol and it went away by breakfast.  Thank goodness!

Speaking of breakfast, guess who gobbled down 4 tablespoons of cereal with whole milk .... way to go Joshua!  You probably would have eaten 5 tablespoons if I had done another one.  :-P  You ran out of whole milk today, so we'll have to try to pick some up tomorrow.  I debated trying to pack you all up and running to the store this morning, but then Grace got hungry and I didn't want to go this afternoon and get people off their nap schedules.

Joshua, you and I walked all around the upstairs this morning as Grace napped.  Grace, you had another big poopy incident .... needless to say, I ran everyone's laundry since you needed an outfit change.  Joshua, you also needed an outfit change due to an enormous amount of drool and a leaky diaper.  :-P

Joshua went down for a nap at 3pm, which was later than usual.  You weren't cranky, but you just didn't want to lie down.  When I saw you rubbing your eyes at 3pm,  I picked you up to rock you.  You fell right to sleep on me.  :-)  I held you for a while as you slept before placing you down on your napping blanket with a pillow.  Of course, that's when Grace woke up.  :-P

Oh, both of you all had the hiccups today!  The doozers were out today, but have been relatively quiet.  Joshua helped me check the mail.

We had another friend from church come over briefly and drop off a dinner for us!  We had baked chicken with rice, salad, veggies, and brownies!  Yummy!  Joshua ate a little of the rice, but not much.  :-P

I spoke to Grandpa Jim briefly .... the Narnia movie 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' is now on DVD and he bought it over the weekend.  Apparently it was really good and stayed pretty true to the book by C. S. Lewis, so he'll pass it on for us to see.  I've read the book about three times, so I'm excited to see the movie.  I've read the entire Narnia series twice.  :-)

Daddy had a soccer game tonight, so we only got to see him briefly this evening before he had to leave.  We're getting use to being home alone.  :-P  I tried rocking both of you at one point, but Grace was not cooperative.  She just kept crying.  Joshua was sweet and almost fell asleep as I was rocking.  So, I sat on the couch and nursed Grace as Joshua sat next to me.  He kept close to me and eventually fell asleep against me and Grace fell asleep on me.  This is how daddy found us when he got home.  I was so exhausted!  Daddy brushed Joshua's teeth and I moved Grace into the bedroom. 

Tomorrow we'll try our first solo mission out and try to get some whole milk!  This should be interesting with the two of you all and only one of me!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!  

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment