Saturday, April 16, 2011

First Bottle


Dearest Miracles~

Happy one and a half years to Joshua!  You sure are getting old!  Before you know it, you'll be two!  ;-)

Today was a busy day!  We all got up relatively early and got ready for our big adventure to Asheboro.  Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James were here around 8am.  Joshua was still finishing his breakfast and we were finishing packing the diaper bags.  We packed two bags because Grace rode with daddy and I, while Joshua rode with everyone else.  Joshua's bag was in one car while we kept Grace's bag.  

You all have Great Grandparents in Asheboro (Grandpa Jim's parents) and Grace has never met them.  Joshua, you've met them before and have been to their house, but it's been a while.  We were suppose to see them over Christmas, but then we got that snow and ice storm.  

We got to Asheboro by mid morning and everyone immediately got a diaper change!  :-P  Then, Grace got hungry.  Remember, little lady, how I said you'll need to drink from a bottle soon?  Well, today was your very first bottle!  I didn't bring any milk with me since I didn't have much in the freezer (you haven't given me time to pump recently), so I had to give you 'newborn' formula.   Joshua was smaller when he had his first formula bottle.  We watched you throughout the day to make sure you had no reactions. Gigi actually gave you the bottle and I pumped at the same time.  You fussed at first but eventually drank from it.  We'll have to keep practicing with them so that you won't fuss with Penny.  You got hungry a few hours later and I nursed you then.  :-)  I'm still going to nurse you during the day, but we'll get daddy to give you a bottle each day too so you can continue to practice.  I'll pump at the same time to keep my milk supply up for you.  :-)

Your (Great) Aunt Pops also drove down to see you two!  We celebrated Great Grandpa's birthday and opened Christmas gifts that we didn't get to before.  :-)  Grace, you got a pretty pink blanket and Joshua, you got a singing story book.  :-)

We left Asheboro after Grace's second feeding so as not to get caught in the car with her crying.  There was a nasty band of weather moving through the state so we waited for that to go through as well.  However, we ended up catching it as we drove.

We caught the storm just outside Apex and I couldn't see the car in front of me even with my windshield wipers going at the highest speed they could go!  Of course, I pulled over and we waited a good 20 minutes for the heavy rain to die down.  Daddy checked the weather as we were waiting and a tornado had touched down in downtown Raleigh!  I was scared!  The other car was ahead of us with Joshua in there!  Once we got back on the road, we had to go slow into Raleigh.  There were trees down and power lines down.  Street lights weren't working as we drove so people had to be careful.  

We all finally made it back to our house a little before 5pm.  Everyone immediately had a diaper change and Grace was hungry.  ;-)  The change in weather was amazing!  The sun came out for a little before setting, but you all should see the pictures on the news of all the damage!  Also, at least two dozen lives were lost across the state from this storm and the tornado.  We said a little prayer for the families.  

Daddy made a pizza for dinner and Joshua ate quite a bit.  :-)  This evening, we relaxed in the bonus room and watched some Muppets.  Tomorrow we'll probably relax some.  It's suppose to be beautiful, so we might go up to the park for a little while.  :-)

I'm so happy you all got to see your Great Grandparents and (Great) Aunt Pops, and that everyone remained safe on the drive back. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment