Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Solo Outing


Dearest Precious Miracles~

Today we tried something for the first time .... the three of us had our first solo outing!  Yes, we went out without the help of other people!  And it wasn't like we took a little trip to the park either .... we went to the mall and Target.  :-)

Let me explain, remember my Nook .... the ereader that daddy got me?  Well, I found someone who was selling a cover for it (used) for only $5 that fit my needs.  So, I arranged to pick it up at the mall since the person worked there from 9am to noon.  So, we all had breakfast, got changed (outfits and diapers), and loaded into the car.  We had to go out anyway because Joshua drank all his whole milk yesterday.  When we got to the mall, I loaded Joshua into the stroller and Grace into the infant carrier strapped around me.  We headed into the mall and saw all the walkers.  :-)  Once we got to the store we were suppose to meet at, I noticed that it didn't open until 10am .... it was 9:15am!  Grrrr!  This person could have told me that!  

So, we all headed back to the car, I loaded you all back up, and we headed over to Target.  :-P  I picked up some whole milk for Joshua and some more potatoes .... I think I forgot to tell you all yesterday, but I tried to prepare a potato casserole yesterday and ended up with moldy potatoes.  Grrr .... again!  

Anyway, I used a cart as a 'double stroller' while in Target.  Grace, I kept you in the car seat and placed you in the basket of the cart.  Joshua, you sat in the front strapped in.  Since I only needed a few items, it was ok that Grace was using the entire basket.  ;-)

We saw something as soon as we walked into Target .... there was a blind girl (probably about 8 years old) with a walking stick and holding hands with her mother.  I couldn't help but say a little prayer for that family and then to thank God for you two and your health.  How blessed we all have been these past few years.  I couldn't stop thinking of that precious girl for the rest of the day.  Think of all the things we take for granted during the day! 

After Target, we headed back to the mall and I picked up my 'new' (at least 'new' to me!) Nook cover.  It's green with a quote on it that says "A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever."  I like it and placed my Nook in it as soon as we got home.  :-)

Joshua ended up taking a longer nap than usual this afternoon and missed a visit from Aunt Judy (remember, Aunt Judy is Aunt Katie's aunt)!  She came over and held Grace for about an hour.  She brought over a DVD for Joshua and a CD for Grace.  We got to talk and visit for a while before she had to leave.  About 10 minutes after she left, Joshua woke up from his nap.  :-P

Daddy had a soccer board meeting this evening, so we only got to see him for an hour before he had to leave.  He didn't get back home until 10pm, but we managed fine by ourselves like the other nights.  :-)  There was a quick thunderstorm right when daddy left, but then the sun came back out before setting.  

I ended up nursing Grace on the floor in the play area next to Joshua.  Joshua rubbed his head against  Grace's head and it was so cute!  Once Grace fell asleep, I trimmed her nails .... they were like cat claws! By the time daddy was home, everyone was asleep, but I still needed help brushing Joshua's teeth.  So, we ended up waking him and then he noodled around in our bed for a while.  Of course, Grace then woke up as well.  :-)

All in all, the three of us did pretty well today on our first mission out with no help!  I'm sure there will be many, many, many more where that came from!  ;-)

Tomorrow Penny's coming over to visit!  It's suppose to be beautiful so maybe we all can go to the park!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment