Tuesday, April 19, 2011

18 Month Check Up


Dearest Miracles~

Today was a busier morning.  Joshua had his 18 month pediatric appointment at 9:30am.  So, I had to get everyone changed, dressed, fed, and loaded in the car by about 8:50am to make it there on time with traffic.  Daddy was a big help though since he changed Joshua before heading to work.  :-)

Grace slept through most of the appointment.  She got a little fussy towards the end .... but so was Joshua.  And, to be honest, I was getting a little anxious myself!  We were there for over an hour, which is always a long time to be in a little room with two kids and no real toys.  :-P

Joshua, you got one shot today, but you did pretty well with it.  You're 31 inches tall, but only 20.5 pounds.  You're tiny!  The pediatrician was concerned about your weight, which we are too!  She gave us some supplements for your to drink each day (a children's 'boost' drink) and also wants us to see a speech therapist and food aversion therapist.  I told her how you don't eat very well.  You hardly take any bites of food that we place in front of you.  You'll mostly just eat oatmeal, crackers, and yogurt .... though recently you haven't been eating the yogurt either.  I'm wondering if this is also related to you not sleeping by yourself too?  Are all these things related?  She wants the speech therapist to check your swallowing and gag reflex.  Also, the MD was concerned about your talking since you're not saying a lot of words.  You use to say 'dada', 'mama', 'nana', and 'buddy' a lot, but now you don't.  So, it appears we're going from one therapy to another with you Joshua!  ;-)

I got to play a lot with Grace as Joshua napped this afternoon.  Grace, you can follow me with your eyes.  We did a lot of tummy time .... no, you don't like it, but it's for your own good!  And, we sang together!  You smiled and 'cooed' for me!  :-)  It was so precious!

Grace, I gave you your second bottle this evening.  I was slack sunday and monday so you didn't get bottles those days, but you need to keep practicing.  Your first bottle was 4 oz (remember Gigi gave it to you on saturday).  This evening, I gave you a 2 oz bottle (still formula since I don't have much milk in the freezer for you).  You had a big burp for me afterward!  I didn't like giving you a bottle, but you need to get use to it for Penny.  It was a slow start, but you eventually took it.

Daddy was home late this evening.  I made a pizza for dinner, but burned part of it.  Grrr!  But, we all ate it .... even Joshua!  Woo hoo!  After dinner we all went out to grocery store to pick up some items.  We got some of the kid boost drinks for Joshua.  I'll start him on that tomorrow.  This was just a quick trip to the store though ... Grace got fussy so I ended up walking around with her in the parking lot and talking to Joshua as he sat in his car seat as daddy ran in.  

Joshua had some ice cream with us this evening.  We'll give him anything to increase his weight!  Then, daddy read to us at bedtime.  Joshua sat with daddy in bed as I gave Grace the bottle and then held her. 

Tomorrow Penny's coming over.  The weather is suppose to be nice so I'm sure we'll go walking.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment