Friday, November 30, 2012

Pizza Buffet

Dearest Blessings~

We had another early morning OB appointment with baby biscuit this morning, so Uncle James came over to watch you two.  Grace, you were really sick and congested.  Joshua, you were congested but playful.  I gave you both medicine this morning. 

Our appointment went well.  Basically, we had no changes as far as effacing or dilating.  We're still effaced 50% with no dilating.  We're just over 38 weeks gestation.  My weight is holding strong at 169.2lbs (still haven't broken 170lbs - woo hoo!) and my blood pressure was 100/74.  No protein in the urine and our uterine height is 40cm.  Baby biscuit, your fetal heart rate was 140.  So far so good!  We have our last OB appointment next friday and then the C section on 12/12/12.  We'll continue to see if we make it that long!  ;-)

You all were playing Wii games when I got home at 8:45am.  We all relaxed a little and then headed to speech therapy with Gloria.  Joshua, you're still practicing and working on 'h' sounds at the beginning of words.  She was impressed at how far you've come.  Uncle James, Grace, and I played in the lobby.  Grace, you ate a little .... which was good since you really hadn't eaten all day.

We went to lunch at a pizza buffet around the corner.  Grace was pretty crabby.  Neither of you ate a lot.  Both were congested and warm, so we headed to Gigi's house right after for diapers and more medicine.  You both went down for naps pretty quickly, which was nice since I was tired too.  I ended up dozing a little next to Grace.  ;-)

Uncle James had decorated Gigi's house for Christmas.  There was a tree up with stuffed animals all around for you all to play with.  Some of the ornaments on the tree were from when Uncle James and I were little!  And, there was a little tree off the side that had pictures of us when we were kids!  There was garland over the doorway and the piano was decorated too with Christmas music books out. 

Gigi came home from work early.  Joshua woke up, but we left Grace to nap as we visited.  Grandpa Jim came home around 5pm.  Grace was up by then so we all visited and played.  You both ate a little but were still congested.  We got home around 6:30pm and we ate a little with daddy.  We all relaxed this evening and you two rested.  Daddy and I gave you all more medicine before bedtime and then Grace got really fussy at 9:30pm.  Ugh!  I hope this doesn't turn into a long night.  :-P

So, how did we do with our november family goals?  I can already tell you that I was pitiful with mine.  Once I was told I was 50% effaced, I didn't continue with my workout goal because I didn't want to start dilating!  Ha!  Also, I slacked on my 'mental' goal as well.  Here's how we did:

Spiritual:  
Goal - church twice a month .... accomplished 100% of goal
Goal - daily Bible reading .... accomplished 100% of goal
Family:
Goal - family outing once per quarter .... accomplished 1 outing
Goal - date night once per quarter .... have not completed (this is the first month in the new quarter)
Mental:
Goal - photography practice 3 times a week (mommy) .... accomplished 50% of goal
Goal - guitar/banjo practice 3 times a week (daddy) .... accomplished 100% of goal
Goal - read a book a month (daddy) .... accomplished 100% of goal
Physical:
Goal - exercise 3 times a week (mommy) .... accomplished 42% of goal (yikes)
Goal - exercise 4 times a week (daddy) .... accomplished 75% of goal

Oh well .... I'll likely change my goals for next month too.  There's no way I'll be able to workout with having a C section.  I did really well reading those this month to try to relax a little before biscuit comes .... I read 4 books!  Go me!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment