Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday Play


Dearest Miracles~

Today is Uncle James's 34th birthday!  Woo hoo!  We celebrated yesterday, but we'll see him later in the day too. 

Grace, you scared the crap out of me last night!  You curled up in our bed to sleep .... surprise .... but then you rolled off the bed in the middle of the night!  We were so lucky you didn't break anything!  That was a pretty good fall for someone your size!  You cried so I rocked you back to sleep, but there was no bleeding or visible bruises .... thank God! 

Everyone ate their breakfast this morning with no fuss!  Wow!  Afterward, we went upstairs to play and I did 40 minutes on the exercise bike.  I might have to start decreasing minutes on the bike depending on the last few weeks of the pregnancy. 

After the bike, we came back downstairs for snacks and I cooked hotdogs as you all ate for lunch later.  Both of you two gobbled your snacks .... applesauce and yogurt.  Whoa!  Good eating so far!  

As a reward, we watched a Mickey Mouse episode.  I tried to clean/organize some things in the playroom.  Then, we headed out for speech with Kim.  Grace and I played in the waiting room.  You did really well with Kim today and she was very impressed with you little man!  You went through all our words and you put three word phrases together by yourself.  She wants to do a re-evaluation on you in a few months to see how far you've come.  I'm so proud of you!  :-)

We made it home for a late lunch.  You all had some hotdogs that I cooked earlier.  Grace, you also had about 2/3 of a banana!  Once you two ate, we cleaned the upstairs and then headed out to see Uncle James for his birthday!  We tried to get you two to nap but you both fought it.  Joshua, you eventually went down late for about an hour.  Grace, you kept crying for Gigi.  Oh my!

Once awake, Gigi and Grandpa Jim were there.  We all ate dinner and wished Uncle James a happy birthday!  You all did a lot of playing with cars, flash cards, blocks, and stuffed animals.  You two had fun!  We gave Uncle James his gifts yesterday .... a book and a calendar. 

Daddy had a late soccer meeting after work, so we me him at home a little before 8pm.  I put a rail up on the bed, so hopefully we won't have anymore falling.  Of course, you also need to learn to sleep in your own bed little lady.  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment