Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


Dearest Precious Gifts~

Today is Election Day.  The polls opened at 6:30am this morning and will stay open until 7:30pm.  We voted early on saturday, so we didn't have to go out, which I was happy about because today was a cold day .... high only in the 40's.  We didn't have Gloria for speech today, but we do have Quinn .... good thing she comes to our house.  ;-)

Grace, you were up early as daddy got ready for work.  Joshua woke shortly after daddy left.  We were downstairs with clean clothes/diapers and eating breakfast around 7am.  You both ate well again.

Then, we had some play time upstairs.  I managed to get in 40 minutes on the exercise bike.  You two had a good snack time afterward.  Joshua had a cup of applesauce and Grace had her yogurt.

Since you two ate well, I rewarded you all with a Mickey Mouse episode.  Then, I put music on and we worked on a new train track design.  I was disappointed because we ended up with a dead end.  Then, I realized Grace had hidden 11 pieces!  Nudge!  ;-)  Once I found the missing pieces we used them all with no dead ends!  Go us!  :-)

Once we got the train track done, we came downstairs for lunch and you two did well again.  I made my lunches for work this week as you two played.  We headed upstairs for story time and I read you all four books.  Grace, you fell asleep while I was reading.  Joshua, you fell asleep shortly afterward by 1:10pm.  I read as you two napped.

After naps we all had quick snacks before Quinn got here for speech therapy.  You did well little man!  We went through all our words and now we have new ones to work on.  There are three syllable words that are harder than the rest.  So, we'll need to practice a lot. 

I cooked dinner as you two played.  We had eggs, bacon, and toast.  We ate dinner once daddy was home.  Then, we relaxed and watched the results of the 57th presidential race.  Daddy played guitar and I took some photographs.  I got some advice from friends on the camera forum that I belong to online.  I also posted a photograph for some more advice/critic. 

We ended up going to bed before results were decided, but I woke in the middle of the night and checked.  Obama won a second term but it was close. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment