Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Heavenly Father, as Psalm 127 states, children are blessings from You .... thank you for blessing me twice over! On this Mother's Day, I give thanks for them and pray for continued guidance from You to be the Christian mother they deserve. Thank you Jesus!

Happy Mothers Day!  Today we celebrate all the moms in the world .... both with us and those who have passed.  I said a prayer for you both this morning as I did my Bible reading quiet time.  I got up at 6am since I was congested all night.  If you two go down for naps, I'm sure I'll go down with you all.  :-P

On another note .... daddy and I graduated from college at UNC Chapel Hill 10 years ago this weekend!  UNC has their graduations on Mother's Day each year, and we graduated in 2002.  Wow!  It doesn't feel like 10 years have gone by!  ;-)

Daddy made pancakes and sausage for breakfast while you two helped me prepare the crock pot for a pot roast dinner!  I was looking forwarded to our pot roast all week .... we haven't made one in a while so I thought it would be something fun and easy to make so we could relax in the afternoon together as a family! 

Grandpa Jim, Gigi, and Uncle James came over for lunch.  We made a lasagna with garlic bread and they brought an ice cream cake!  Yummy!  Then Gigi and I opened our presents!  She loved her photo book we made for her!  And, I love my UNC mug, hot chocolate, and DVD's .... a recipe for a relaxing afternoon!  ;-)  We played and visited afterward and Grandpa Jim and Uncle James took you two to the park.  Daddy took down some dead trees in the backyard.  Once back from the park, Grace fell right to sleep.  Gigi rocked Joshua to sleep.  Once everyone left, daddy and I fell asleep too .... we had a family nap time and we needed it!  :-)

At bedtime, Joshua did the cutest thing .... he got into Grace's toddler bed and gave her a kiss goodnight!  He's also learning to say 'night night'!  ;-)

Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day!   You two are the best gifts I could ever imagine!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two dearly!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment