Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gas Station Run



Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweetie pie!  I think you had a better night sleep than I did .... I woke up at 3am with a stomach ache .... then I was tired the rest of the day!  I must have eaten something weird yesterday.  :-P  Because of that, we took it easy for the rest of the day.  It wasn't until about mid afternoon that my stomach felt back to normal.  :-P

We're starting to get things together for an emergency 'Peanut Plan' in case I end up in the hospital sooner than later. I typed up all your pending december and january appointments with your doctor's addresses and phone numbers.  You have upcoming physical therapy, pediatrician, head scan, Special Infant Care Clinic, urology, and eye doctor appointments in the next two months.  In case something happens, your daddy and two grandmothers have all the information too.  I'm going to photocopy some forms at work this week for them as well to keep in the diaper bag in case they need to take you (immunization record, insurance card, etc).  Also, I typed up a contact list with important phone numbers of family members and coworkers so that other people can be alerted if something happens.  Hopefully, we'll be ok and I'll be able to take you to the appointments with no problem .... but it's better to be safe now that we're getting close to the 30 week mark when you came. 


You ended up taking a little nap in your play area right before lunch.  I made a quick sandwich and once I ate that, I actually took a nap with you .... which was much appreciated.  :-)  Once you woke up, you ate a container of apple sauce for lunch and then a bottle.  Oh, you had your usual breakfast too .... the cereal with apple juice mix followed by a bottle.

We did manage to 'get out' .... we gassed up my car around 2pm and came straight back.  I didn't think the gas station would be crowded at that time .... so there I was in pajama pants, your daddy's t-shirt, a miss-matched sweatshirt, flip-flops .... gassing up my car with you in the back seat .... who was also obviously wearing pajamas.  There were cars at all the pumps around me and the lady in front of me was all dressed up!  I'm sure I looked like the stereotypical redneck 'barefoot and pregnant with a baby on her hip' while gassing up, but oh well!  ;-)  Ha!

I did some laundry once we got back home.  Then, we relaxed until daddy got home.  We watched half of 'Finding Nemo' on the television and then made a little pizza for dinner.  

After daddy got home and we all ate, we made homemade banana bread with chocolate chips!  Yummy!  You had your bath and played around while the bread was baking.  

UNC played tonight at 9:30pm .... late!  You ended up falling asleep on me before the game started .... and then I fell asleep during the first half!  Only daddy stayed awake for the whole game.  :-P  We lost, but hopefully we'll come back stronger for the next game.  

Tomorrow I head back to work.  Penny will be here, so you'll be able to have fun with her.  Save those smiles and kisses for me!  

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment